Reflash Viaccess CAM !

M

mejdichraki

Hi
I have Viaccess CAM v 1.10 uk DVB number 001608 (black label), when inserted into receiver, the initialisation proccess begin but the Viaccess command does not appear in the CAM menu, it seems that the firmware is corrupted and the CAM need to be reflashed.
I would like to konw if someone has tried to reflash this kind of Viaccess CAM ? does it succeed or not ?
I know there are two ways to reflash CAM,
-with a laptop, Viaccess Loader & the firmware Viaccess 1.10 UK (bin file)
-with Nokia MM 9600, DVB 2000, Vgrabber & SCSI connection
I don't know wich method is better ? any help ?

thank you for your support
Mejdi CHRAKI

My hardware
-Nokia MM 9600 with DVB 2000 beta 6 & bootloader B2.10uns-
-PC entium 4 1.5 Ghz with Adaptec 2904 SCSI controller with external cable connection.
N.B: Vgrabber need SBR file, is it possible to convert Viaccess BIN file to SBR ?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Those black CAMs only initialise properly if a valid card is inserted. So trying to initilise with no card, or a card with invalid "hexfiles" on it, will cause what you report. Is that your problem?
2old

M

mejdichraki

Thank you for your interest to this thread.
In fact the firmware in the CAM seems to be damaged, the initialisation proccess begin even when the card is not inserted but after that the command 'Viaccess' in the CAM menu of the receiver does not appear.
Reflash the CAM will probably resolve this problem !
but how to do it ? and where are the tools ?
rgds
Mejdi CHRAKI

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
but as I already said - the CAM will NOT initialize if there is no valid card in it.
This means not just a non-working card, but also no card at all.
Not surprising, since there is no reason to startup your machine with a Viaccess CI CAM inserted if you don't also have a card in it.

You need to test it WITH a card that you KNOW is working (eg tested on some other viaccess CAM).
Only if that fails can you be sure the problem is in the CAM itself.

2old