Regain, hair loss treatment

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I remember a product called Regain being released on the market around 16 years ago, to treat male pattern baldness.

At the time, you could only get it through your local GP, but apparently the side effects were bad if you A) Suffered from a heart Ailment, or :cool: Had high blood pressure.

So I was interested when I heard several radio adverts for this Regain product, and I was also surprised it is now, non GP perscription available.
Intrigued to find out if the side effects had been ironed out, I did a search for reviews of this product, and came across this very scary one below:

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Regain__Review_5623763

I used to spray with REGAIN for at least 12 months.
At that time i saw no improvement as far as hair loss or hair grow was concerned.
The only hair grow I noticed was that of the FINGERS and EARS!!!
After using it for some months i had slow heart pulse and low blood pressure.
The result was that every day i wasn't able to wake before 12'o clock in the noon.
After the 12 months I had to stop it immediately due to a unpleasant side-effect which I will not report here. In the next days I had full hair loss. Although my hair seemed strong and thick (this is the virtual result of REGAIN) without any sebum,
it fell like hell in packs and I was in panic. The result was to lose 3-year hair in a period of 3 moths.
I then went to a second dermatologist and he told me this:"REGAIN is one way lifetime,
if you stop it,the oposite result comes because REGAIN has enlarged the head vessels and when you stop it the vessels start to contract!!!! But if it is heredity reasons
that your hair fall then you don't have to worry because one day it will fall eventually.
So save your money and your stress for an other life!!! The medicine for hair loss does not
exist!!!! ABOVE ALL IS YOUR HEALTH.
From my experience I say this: DO NOT USE REGAIN. IT IS TOXIC AND DANGEROUS
It is better a good health and a bad hair than the opposite

P.S. Latest statistics showed that using REGAIN for more than 2 years greatly increases the possibility of MELANOMA (that is SKIN CANCER!)

Very scary. :eek:

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
I've heard of Rogaine. If someone invented something that really worked they'd be a billionaire in no time. It would just fly off the shelves.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
A number 1 haircut is better than Regain or a comb-over. :D

combover2.jpg

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I remember when my dad bought this spray which basically painted your head so that your hair "looked" thicker, he didn't use it again after going out in the rain with it on.... :D

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
2cvbloke said:
I remember when my dad bought this spray which basically painted your head so that your hair "looked" thicker, he didn't use it again after going out in the rain with it on.... :D

Actually, that's still around. Do you know the political reporter on Sky News.

Not Adam Bolton. The other one. He used to work for The Daily Mail.

Tall, heavy built bloke, keeps blinking all the time. Early to mid 40s.

He uses that stuff. :-Nooo Spray on hair. :D Funny, he's never seen out in the rain with it. :-rofl2

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Saturlight said:
Actually, that's still around. Do you know the political reporter on Sky News.

Not Adam Bolton. The other one. He used to work for The Daily Mail.

Tall, heavy built bloke, keeps blinking all the time. Early to mid 40s.

He uses that stuff. :-Nooo Spray on hair. :D Funny, he's never seen out in the rain with it. :-rofl2

I don't watch sky news, too many adverts... :D

But yes, it's a bad idea wearing that stuff in the rain... :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
2cvbloke said:
I don't watch sky news, too many adverts... :D

Watch the International version on 19E - far better - they put info screens up in place of the UK adverts :D

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Mane...that's the name. :D

Yoshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles
My Location
UK
Try Matthew Gardson's method. I can say 100 percent it has exceeded my expectations and if I can get the crown to fill up I will be a super happy and confident man.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately this thread is nearly three years old, so the original poster is probably now bald as a badger, or has a mane any Lion would be proud of. ;)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
On Mock the Week on Tuesday, they were discussing Marmite as being a good hair restorer. The advantage was double though as not only was the colour almost a perfect match for many with remaining dark brown tufts at the sides and back, but if left on for a couple of days, would continue to attract airborne fluff, giving the appearance of natural growth.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
We cant even ask Saturlight if he's bald as a coot as he hasnt been on the forum for 18 months.....

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Analoguesat said:
We cant even ask Saturlight if he's bald as a coot as he hasnt been on the forum for 18 months.....

And I still don't watch sky news... :D

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Maybe he got so hairy fingers that he can´t access the keyboard ?