Registering my equipment

LarryOliver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat dish, toshiba satelite computer
My Location
Chester uk
Hi ya my name is Larry an i only just bought my CISCO box on the base here in the UK last week, an i'm trying to register it so i can start viewing it asap. As the satelite will be installed tommorrow an still dont know where to tell tec to point dish. HELP

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hiya Larry welcome to the forum. :)

What sort of box is it?

Im guessing from the mention of a base you are an American serviceman with an AFN box. If so you need a dish pointing to the Hotbird satellite cluster at 13E.

If Im wrong let us know which service the box is for and we will tell you what you need to know.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Oh looks like I was indeed wrong :-rofl2

OK Ive done a quick bit of research and this seems to show the Cisco box is an IPTV box. If so does it need a satellite connection? I would have thought it just needs to be connected to a broadband connection.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Appears Cisco have the new contract for rolling out HD across the US forces, the satellite you require will be Hotbird 13E, Ku band.