---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Here's the latest revision guys.

Installed a new satellites.xml as I was missing quite a lot of channels. Now scanning 1135 services from 28e.

Fixes include :-

Comedy Central +1
Inserted channel number to MTV shows in main bouquet.
Luxe TV HD
Sly Modern Greats
Inserted channel number to Cinemoi Movies in main bouquet.
Sly Sports 2
MSK
MSK Extra
Rush HD
S4C2
TBN Europe
Nickelodeon
Nick Replay
Nick Tunes
Disney XD +1
Nick Jr.
Ideal Extra
Celebrity Shop
Venus TV
Islam Channel
Ahlebait TV
Channel i
Pub Channel
Setanta Ireland
Setanta Sports 1

We seem to have lost Sly Sports Active channels 6 to 9 . Lyngsat isn't listing them either ! Maybe its coz there's no football at the moment, just a guess though.

Anyway , from what I can see these are about as good as it gets at the moment.
Using the SID assigner on the Sly World HD package I get 206 SIDs and all seems well.

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Cheers B16MCC

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Radcliffe
Don't know if it's me but my box is crashing when trying to update the epg ever since i loaded this B16MCC,it didn't do it with 2.8?

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Have you installed a new image to the box ?
If so, Is it DreamElite ?
If so, have you setup your device paths ?

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Radcliffe
B16MCC said:
Have you installed a new image to the box ?
I'm using the same one i used with 2.8,DreamElite BH 1.3 OE 1.6
B16MCC said:
If so, have you setup your device paths ?
Saves the EPG to the HDD as it did when using 2.8.I've switched back to 2.8 to test,updated the EPG and it didn't crash?

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
hmm, very odd. No other reports of any issues as yet. Have you looked at the crash log to see if it gives you any clues ?

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
I had a few problems using newer versions of DreamboxEdit with my DM7000S. The channel numbers did not correlate, and although the service details showed the relationship to the bouquets - the channel numbers were all set to '0' (the bouquet seems to refer to the channel as "101 - BBC1" but chnr=0 etc). Importing and exporting also defaults the channel numbers to '0'.
My solution was to use DreamboxEdit1.70.07 - put the midas.dll into windows/system, FTP files from the Dreambox then open 'Sly UK Bouquets v2.9 16th June 2010' then FTP files to the dreambox. I then used DCC to reload the settings on the dreambox and reboot.
I don't know why I have this issue, but it seems consistent with one or two other people.
I hope this is useful to the members who are having problems,
but most of all I'd like to thank B16MCC, now the missus can use the Dreambox.

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 with 320GB HDD running Nabilosat 0.12
1 metre motorised dish. Intel core i7 920 PC
My Location
London
Oily said:
Don't know if it's me but my box is crashing when trying to update the epg ever since i loaded this B16MCC,it didn't do it with 2.8?

@Oily, I think this has been a general problem for the past few days, I've been getting a crash every time the EPG updates (Satmate uk), that's before B16MCC's latest channel update, so the two I don't think are related. Used to be fine before that, never had a crash. I'm on Nab 012.

@B16MCC, once again thanks for your huge effort on this.

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Radcliffe
Ah right,but like I said,it's been updating OK with 2.8?Anyhow,I've just loaded it again so I'll see how I get on.

@B16MCC,where will I find the crashlogs ?

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
I'd have to check the exact path, but if you have a HDD installed, they are usually on there.

stanman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Foxsat HD
My Location
England
B16MCC, can you explain in noob language, how I replace the channel settings in your boouquet when the channel frequency changes without messing up the sky style numbering?

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Radcliffe
All working now,must have been what Genie had said :)

Snelly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500s - Multi LNB on Triax 88cm - 13E 19E 28E
My Location
East Coast UK
Im having problems with my dm600. I managed to get this bouquet working fine with my dm500s?? The dm600pvr is running gemini 4.6. I use dbedit program to upload files to /etc/enigma/ for bouquet and service files and /etc/tuxbox/ for satellites.xml. If I FTP the db, I can see the files in the right directories, but when I click on bouquets on the db, theres nothing there apart from the favorites (TV)... what am I doing wrong?? Ive scanned the forums for hours and wasted a whole day on this and I bet its just something simple im missing! Please help!

Snelly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500s - Multi LNB on Triax 88cm - 13E 19E 28E
My Location
East Coast UK
Ive done it... needed to be on typeset 2 when using dbedit to transfer files!

healeydave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IT: 1 x iMax 27" Quad Core, 2 x iMac 24" (running OSX & OSX Server) 1 x Macbook Air
AV: MacMini Plex Media Centre, SpearNZB Episode Downloader, DM500, DM8000
My Location
uk
I just wanted to add a note about getting the channel numbering to work, because I know this can be a problem sometimes.

I used to trick my old DM500 box years ago by duplicating the Sly EPG Audio channel for the first 100 channels and any channel gaps in the Sly scheme to force the Dreambox to store Sly compatible channel numbering, so I know how it works and yet I have had trouble with the numbering not working!

B16MCC's Sly Bouquets are excellent and the placeholder channels are the same method, dummy channels in all the right places to force the real channels to occupy the right channel number slot. Why this is all necessary is because rather annoyingly, the Dreambox forcibly auto renumbers the channels irrespective of how you number them in DreamBoxEdit, GGGggrrrrrrrrr.

B16MCC's has put a lot of effort in to get this bouquet set perfect and it does work but I have noticed in the previous bouquet threads, from time to time people often end up with the channel import working but the numbering scheme out of whack.
This happened to me a couple of days ago despite having all the settings correct in DreamBoxEdit 3 and having experience of doing it in the past, hence the reason for leaving this re-assurance post ;-)

It had been a while since I configured a Dreambox up (got a couple of DM800's to do a friend a favour), although I rarely use the PC anymore (being a Mac user now) I have an old laptop with all the tools still on there, so it wasn't like I was doing everything from scratch and missed a setting either, so I can appreciate how frustrating it can be when this quirk happens!

Whats really annoying is I don't have a 100% conclusive answer as to why this happens, because after double & triple checking my settings (and them needing no change), I eventually got it to work after several ftp & reboots of the box ?!?!
What I think finally kicked it back into action was when I did an import (receive from Dreambox) of channels again into DreamBoxEdit and then re-opened the bouquet and sent it over. Strange, but once the first box worked, I just sent the files again to the second DM800 and it was fine also!?

I note in the past a lot of people have just assumed its a settings issue but I think thats more to do with getting the channels into the Dreambox at all. That just comes down to making sure the path's and typeset are correct for the particular Dreambox model your using, without those correct, you will simply not get the bouquet files in the right place or format. If your getting the channels imported into the Dreambox ok but the channel numbering is still wrong, the only setting that's relevant is to make sure you have the "Allow Duplicate Channels" setting enabled in "Options". After that if the numbers are still out of whack, try the sequence again, making sure you start with an "Receive from Dreambox" first.

I can't help thinking maybe one day it might be worth trying to figure out how to hack the system so that the Dreambox takes the channel number set in DreamBoxEdit as gospel (e.g. knock out channel renumbering) so that we can eliminate the need for placeholder / dummy channels. It would be a lot less work for B16MCC and when sly keeps deciding to be clever and swap channels around, the edit would be quick & easy!!

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Hi healeydave, certainly an informative post for some users. It seems to me that peoples problems with DBEdit are the same as most things. Inexperience. Once you spend some time using it , it becomes a lot easier and these querks ( operator errors ) dissapear for ever. I never ever have any of the issues reported by different people, maybe I'm just lucky.

It does seem the channel number parameter in DBEdit is only good for listing the channels within DBEdit by number, it has no other function. As you've mentioned the Dreambox most definitely ignores them. As for keeping it up to date, the main problem is that when Sly makes a change it almost always involves a transponder change, therefore requiring the sat to be scanned again. I don't think the time needed to keep things up to date will ever get any less.

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
Maybe it's a java issue, I did notice (when I was trying to troubleshoot where I was going wrong) that the channel parameter in the lamedb file wasn't correct. I had one instance where I managed to put one channel parameter in correctly and this was then uploaded successfully (for that single channel only) on the dreambox.This was on the later version of DBEdit which I eventually gave up on. What I saw might be a red herring though.

Status
Not open for further replies.