Relook in the UK?

OldBen

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110 with multi LNB 28.5E, 23.5E, 19E, 13E Inverto Black Ultra's (Black Premium on 28.5) into multiswitch. VU+ Duo. Emitor Satlook Lite meter.(Retired: Technomate 1500CI+, Moteck DG2100 DisEqC Motor, Metronic 85cm Clear Dish, Invacom 0.3db LNB
My Location
UK
Are any of the UK suppliers/Distributors selling Relook yet or is it only available in Europe and people are ordering them from Germany and the like?

Paul

bigsinky

DVB Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m triax motorised from 28.2e to 30w, relook 400, dreambox 7020, DM500, skystar1, nokia 9500,humax FTA, full 7.1 home cinema

xp4600+ @2.7GHz(aircooled) , 4.5TB HDD, 4GB SDRAM, Dual 8800
My Location
Belfast
see the other thread mate. no probs getting mine from germany.

OldBen

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110 with multi LNB 28.5E, 23.5E, 19E, 13E Inverto Black Ultra's (Black Premium on 28.5) into multiswitch. VU+ Duo. Emitor Satlook Lite meter.(Retired: Technomate 1500CI+, Moteck DG2100 DisEqC Motor, Metronic 85cm Clear Dish, Invacom 0.3db LNB
My Location
UK
bigsinky said:
see the other thread mate. no probs getting mine from germany.
Ok cool, guess I am still a bit bummed as I used dvb-shop24.net as advertised and recomended on the forum for a motor and some bits recently and was not that impressed.

I did not get my free satfinder, they sent it to my home address not my work address as I specified in the order (while I was on Holiday, very grateful to neighbour who took it in or it would have been a week on the doorstep, or until it was pinched - delete as appropriate 'O'-red) and I have had no reply to my email asking about it either... or come to think of it a pre-sales enquiry I made before my order about Dreamboxes :mad:

I guess the idea of a £60 order for motor and LNB is not so bad if it were to go missing enroute, but £275 for a receiver is a whole other league...

I was going for a Dreambox 500s, but the relook seems excellent value (while there is patchy support for unofficial images) with its twin tuners - Dreambox is very overpriced now for what it is - they are selling the value of all the work done by the comunity on unofficial patches really.

Problem is I already ordered a nice 0.3db Invacom single LNB - if I get a relook I would need a twin :-doh!

Worse than that my Metronic clear dish turned up today including an LNB :-doh!:-doh!

(I bet its not as good as the Invacom though so perhaps I should not worry ;))

And I nearly ordered a twin or quad to future proof untill I saw the current drawn from the reciever is a lot higher and was worried about the 500s's limited LNB power :-doh!:-doh!:-doh!

Hmm, someone is gonna lend me a cheapo Lidl (comag SL65) reciever for a while so I can get the dish up & motor mounted and get some FTA stuff while I decided.

Perhaps I should sit on my hands for a month and see if I can get a relook closer to home ;)

Paul

bigsinky

DVB Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m triax motorised from 28.2e to 30w, relook 400, dreambox 7020, DM500, skystar1, nokia 9500,humax FTA, full 7.1 home cinema

My Location
Belfast
i have had no probs with the relook so far. got my emus up and running today. newcs, evocamd, mgcamd. they all use the same keys as the dreambox 7020. just a pity about the ugly interface. i stick a 320GB drive in and the PVR function is very good. tuner is first rate much better than the 7020. havent tried using the twin tuner but might invest in a twin invocom.

trust me m8 your relook closer to home will cost you dear. for £275 you cant go wrong. yes if it goes tits up you will have to post to germany but whats the chance

OldBen

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
bigsinky said:
just a pity about the ugly interface

Hey if I wanted pretty I would by a HTPC case, a pair of skystar cards, and run Myth TV ;-)

bigsinky said:
trust me m8 your relook closer to home will cost you dear. for £275 you cant go wrong. yes if it goes tits up you will have to post to germany but whats the chance

Lol, True... if it arrives in one piece I am probably sorted ;)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I tend to buy my expensive bits (receivers etc) from hm-sat.de and cheaper bits from dvb24, but you are right that the current prices for the Dreamboxes are bordering on taking the ****, especially the 7025.

I think that a lot of Relooks will be sold, and support will therefore improve.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
People are not dumb, they can see they get more bang for the buck by buying the Relook 400s compared to the very expensive DM7025s, its more than 200 euro in difference.

Their dumbest move was to go from IBM to ATI architecture, it will take time before something real is happening there.

bigsinky:

The GUI is not at all ugly or boring, i think it's very compact and neat and you have everything at your fingertip.

I hate receiver which got GUI you have to go thru several layers before you find what you want.

I am sure it will come skins for the GUI later on, i am amazed how fast this community for the receiver have developed in very short time, there are new images almost every week now.

bigsinky

DVB Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Belfast
@likvid

i suppose you are right. i am used to gemini which makes things relatively easy especially when installing emu, keys and plugins. the PVR function in the relook is better though. i cant get over the quality of the picture compared to th 7020, just seems sharper, colours more vivid. i have invested in a 0.3 invocom dual feed which should improve threshold on those already weaker transponders.

i agree with you re how fast this is growing. i think i am the first relook user in northern ireland, but a few friends are really interested in the relook and may buy one,and as you say compared to the new 7025 it offer great value for money.

i haven't tried any other images apart from the rudbox images. would you consider this the most functional of the relook images so far? also is there any way to bring up a list of emus or scripts or plugins? i know i can press menu 0, menu 1, menu 2, but how can i tell which one is which without pressing the keys.

cheers

sinky

pt-1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia DBox 2 Relook 400s Sky+ 160 minidish and 80cm 19.2 & 13
My Location
London UK
Hi,

I got mine straight from DGStation in Korea for testing in the UK and I tried to get the guys in contact with a company around London that deals with entertainment products.

The issue was that N * d * S is not officially supported and DGStation did not want to get their hands burded.

I am in contact with their developement and sales via MSN so if you guys have any queries feel free ;-)

PT-1

sat_newbie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
no
My Location
NA
pt-1 said:
I am in contact with their developement and sales via MSN so if you guys have any queries feel free ;-)

Ask them when the dev forums will be back online

pt-1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia DBox 2 Relook 400s Sky+ 160 minidish and 80cm 19.2 & 13
My Location
London UK
I think when the pressure is of them....Just be patient

Secured sources still have access so the developement has not stopped

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
pt-1 said:

Who or whom is pressuring them?

OldBen

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
pt-1 said:

Don't forget they run Linux, so under the GPL license they are obliged to release the source for the code they use/modify, so they can't cut of all access to the source!

Paul (Glad he bought a Technomate to run for 6 months to see what happens with Relook/Dream ;))