Remnants of Katia

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Now would be a good time to secure that wayward mast and tighten up any loose bolts on the satellite system.

The remains of hurricane Katia are expected to make landfall early evening, plunging much of the UK into four days of heavy gusts and unpredicatable amounts of rainfall.

_http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/024500.shtml?basin#contents

Attachments

• Atlantic.gif
    Atlantic.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 30

Cormoran

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Gibertini + Titanium LNB + New Horizons NH-210 motor, 65cm Als*t + Megasat Diavolo LNB, TMS-1500CI+, 60cm minidish + octo LNB serving 2x Amstrad Sky+HD digiboxes and 2x Bush HD Freesat receivers (Don't laugh, they do the job!).
My Location
Norfolk
Meteorology. Such an exact science, isn't it?

Your post prompted me to have a look at reports and see what's going on. Wish I hadn't - there's just so much conflicting info out there.

Now I can't be sure when it will hit, where it will hit, if it will hit, how high the wind speed might be or if we will all drown because of the fifty foot high waves it's going cause!!!

Think I'll stick with my bit of seaweed hanging by the door. If it's wet I'll know its raining. If it's not there I'll know the wind's got up. If there are fish swimming around it I'll know there are big waves!!!!!!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Hmm, maybe that tile above the front door will finally decapitate someone, then the owner of this house can be arrested for manslaughter by negligence... :D

(We don't like him, he stole £30k of the mother's money)

Still, it's a case of batten down the hatches and tie your disharoo down sport, just to be prepared.... :p

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
In Florida they can give you radar and rainfall down to streetlevel but here we're still in the dark ages.The Met office must be the most underwhelming government company in the UK.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Now shifting north, so only Scotland is going to be in for a bashing (unless things change)

Attachments

• 102512123_sm.gif
    102512123_sm.gif
    24.7 KB · Views: 21