removed motorised, need 2 lnb

fred

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 METER DISH, HOTBIRD
My Location
PENHILL, SWINDON, ENGLAND,
Dear all
I have removed the motorised gear from my 1 meter dish because it keeps losing signal on some channels when set to the Arabsat satelite. Now I have the dish fixed and set to Hotbird 13 degree.
I want to add another LNB to point to ArabSat sattelite.
Could you please tell me what type of extra components I should buy to support 2 LNB ? what type of LNB is best to buy? and how these should be connected?

I look forward to hearing from you
kind regards
fred

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi Fred,

I think you have made a mistake in removing the motorised setup. It would have been better to get that working properly.:)

But anyway, which Arabsat are you talking about. What is its orbital location.? I can only see Arabsat 2B @ 30.5E on Lyngsat (unless I have gone blind). And judging by the footprint, your 1m dish is going to be too small, so you were lucky to be getting it at all.

Normally for more than one LNB you would get a multi LNB bracket for your dish. Triax do a 20 degree one specifically for their dishes. They would connect together using a Diseqc1.0 switch (for up to 4). The LNB at the focus would normally be the one used for the weakest satellite you wanted to pick up.

Robbo:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think the Original poster means 26E Robbo, it has the Arabsat channels on it. :)

But as you say, if the motorised dish has problems, offsetting the LNb will be a bad move. 13E could be perhaps used at a 13 degree offset with 26E as the main focus, should work on a 1m. :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Oh, yeah, of course. I thought it was 26E to start off with, but then read Arabsat. D'oh

So its Badr 3 at 26E you want fred.
I seem to be getting those channels OK on my 90cm, so your 1m should be OK. The signal level is a lot lower than Hotbird, so you definitely want to get 26E at the focus. You should be able to get the MBC channels as well if you are lucky.