Replacement camping dish

benwiddowson82

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish (Amiko Motor). Amiko Alien2+, Amiko Alien Mini, GigaBlue IPBOX, Ariva 203, Sky+HD 2TB, NC+, TNTSAT, MTV Unlimited Cards. Mac Mini, MacBook Pro.
My Location
Loughborough, Liecestershire, UK
hi

I had a small accident with my triax 60cm dish I use for camping today and need a replacement asap. Just wondering has anyone tried these type of dishes or similar
SELFSAT-H30D2 - Satellite antenna — twin

How do they perform and how easy are they to install compared to a normal dish we know and love. I'm wondering considering there shape if they would be easier to transport

Thanks
Ben

A

archive10

hi
How do they perform and how easy are they to install compared to a normal dish we know and love.
I recently helped aim such a dish.
Can't vouch for performance as I did not have opportunity to compare.
But aiming was easy enough, very much like with a traditional dish.
The bracketry seemed ok, but not suitable for repeated build-up/tear-down.
I would consider a similar dish for travelling, as it is a lot easier to pack in the back of the car!

benwiddowson82

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish (Amiko Motor). Amiko Alien2+, Amiko Alien Mini, GigaBlue IPBOX, Ariva 203, Sky+HD 2TB, NC+, TNTSAT, MTV Unlimited Cards. Mac Mini, MacBook Pro.
My Location
Loughborough, Liecestershire, UK
Thanks for the reply. I'm just debating between that one or a Sqish dish. They both retail at a similar price but a comparison seems hard to find

Thanks again

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
hi

I had a small accident with my triax 60cm dish I use for camping today and need a replacement asap. Just wondering has anyone tried these type of dishes or similar
SELFSAT-H30D2 - Satellite antenna — twin

How do they perform and how easy are they to install compared to a normal dish we know and love. I'm wondering considering there shape if they would be easier to transport

Thanks
Ben

If you were a bit closer I could show you. I've got a couple of options here.