Replacing Digital satellite Receiver?

TheFrog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU + DUO with 500gb PVR
My Location
SW France
I have a SEDEA PVR twin tuner receiver motorised system. Lately the receiver has been giving trouble and I am looking into purchasing a new one.
The dish is moved simply by my pressing a channel button on the remote (no separate remote or operation needed) and I understand the SEDEA is a DISEqC unit.

I am a complete prawn when it comes to something like this, and wonder if it is possible to simply purchase a new receiver (Technomate, Manhattan or something like that) and just plug it into the dish arials, or would it need to be completely setup again?

I live in SW France.

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
Get a technomate 1500ci+ m8 lots of back up and easy to set up and lots of info on patching etc this seems to be the favorite amongst us sat-nutters

deep joy dave:) :) :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
4dbennett said:
Get a technomate 1500ci+ m8 lots of back up and easy to set up and lots of info on patching etc this seems to be the favorite amongst us sat-nutters
deep joy dave:) :) :)

Surely the technomate 1500ci+ is not a PVR so the O/P will not be able to record any programs :eek:

TheFrog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU + DUO with 500gb PVR
My Location
SW France
Thanks 4dbennett & topper. Appreciate your replies. Need all the help I can get.