Reposition Dish: King's Lynn Area

Gtp555

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digital With multi room 1 pc 1laptop & I phone
My Location
Near kings Lynn Norfolk
Need help to move dish if possible as very new and would love someones expertise in Norfolk

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
An installer will no doubt reply properly but a little more information would be helpful. Is it the $ly installation in your profile that you're wanting moved? If not, what is it? If you're after different satellites what do you have in mind?

Gtp555

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Near kings Lynn Norfolk
Need to move it as would love to watch f1 via moving dish to pick up german channels

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Gtp555 said:
Need to move it as would love to watch f1 via moving dish to pick up german channels

If it is the sky setup you cannot have a motorised system using a sky set top box but there are a number of other possibilities in order to watch F1 on 19.2 East but you will require equipment

Gtp555

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Near kings Lynn Norfolk
Thanks for reply could you tell me what I would need and how do I find out which position my dish is pointing and how do I move it to 19e

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Your profile says you have Sky, so your dish is aligned to the 28.2/28.5E position.

RTL is on 19.2E

But using a BSkyB box for Channels not on 28.2/28.5E is not a "friendly" exercise and you really need a proper Receiver.

Also, are you giving up Sky, or what? If not, isn't it going to be a nuisance re-aligning the dish all the time?

Usual way is to either bin the Sky dish and fit an 80cm (ish) proper dish with either a multi-LNB arm or a Motor.

Or a second small dish.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Not only that o/p has multiroom so presumably has kids, so I suspect motorised is not an option then in anycase
It is multi lnb arm and 2nd lnb + digital satellite receiver or new separate dish and lnb + digital satellite receiver required

Gtp555

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Near kings Lynn Norfolk
Multi-room for misses. Yes going to be a pain moving dish but will do if needed. Can I just move dish I have then watch f1 on tv using sky box? I am abit thick so need it as simple as possible. Thankyou very much

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
As simple as possible - a fixed 60cm dish on Astra 1 with an additional receiver.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Gtp555 said:
Multi-room for misses. Yes going to be a pain moving dish but will do if needed. Can I just move dish I have then watch f1 on tv using sky box? I am abit thick so need it as simple as possible. Thankyou very much

If you move the dish the misses will not be able to see her TV, you need either another dish and lnb or a multlnb arm