Retro Antenna Rotator

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Took this one down today, it still worked as well after what looked like about 15 years in operation. :)

Attachments

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The chimney was being taken down, so I put up a new High gain antenna on the adjacent gable (the one to the right in the picture) and added a Sky minidish onto the 2" mast, with a quad LNB. :)

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Could that be adapted for use as a satellite dish motor? :D

Interesting looking thing though, but it's the aerials I'm looking at as I recently saw a couple of those really long ones in a nearby metalworks' skip (along with several other aerials and a minidish after the high winds a couple of months back), and I thought to myself "I wonder if they're VHF or UHF? :confused ".... :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
2cvbloke said:
Could that be adapted for use as a satellite dish motor? :D

Interesting looking thing though, but it's the aerials I'm looking at as I recently saw a couple of those really long ones in a nearby metalworks' skip (along with several other aerials and a minidish after the high winds a couple of months back), and I thought to myself "I wonder if they're VHF or UHF? :confused ".... :D

Shame on you - Id have thought you would have nabbed them. :-rofl2

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Analoguesat said:
Shame on you - Id have thought you would have nabbed them. :-rofl2
What would I do with a nackered old huge great stonker of an aerial that was about as tall as me? :p

As for the minidish, there was no LNB so I left it, plus it was on a manky old pole that was better in the skip than in my house!!! :p

Hmm, that's got me thinking, I once went on a wlak to a local landmark (Blacko Tower) and on the way up to the tower was a pile of old telegraph poles, some still with their old porcelein insulators attatched, I wonder if they're still there.... :D