RF Outputs

My Satellite Setup
pace sky digibox
standard sky dish
My Location
Manchester
I'm sure this is a very basic question, but I'm trying a bit of DIY to save paying for a call-out! And I'd be very grateful for an answer.
I have a Sky setup, with one lead from RF Output 1 going to a TV in the lounge, and 1 lead coming from RF output 2 going to another TV in another room. Obviously I can only change channels where the digibox is, but I'm fine with this.
Is it possible to cable up another 3rd TV, so I can watch whatever is on the SKY channels, using some kind of "splitter" gismo? Or is 2 the maximum?
Thanks.:-snowman

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
My Satellite Setup
pace sky digibox
standard sky dish
My Location
Manchester
Thanks Rolf. So just to clarify:
I need a "[SIZE=+1]T120 Amplifier[/SIZE]" for £12.75 (plus VAT) and also a TV link. Where can I get one of those from?
Thanks.[SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE]

My Satellite Setup
pace sky digibox
standard sky dish
My Location
Manchester
Actually, can I reply to myself???
Looking at the site Rolf suggested:
http://www.tvlink.co.uk/acatalog/tvlinkplus.html
there is a kit for sale at £38:32 (plus VAT) which will give me, I quote:

"Comprises of a T120 amplifier/splitter ,two tvLinks and two Sky digibox remote controls."

My question is: Will this enable me to have 3 TVs with the capability of watching SKY through 1 digibox, and be able to change channels from any of these TVs, but obviously so long as they all are watching the same channel?
Thanks.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes it will Geoff. :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
As long as you run the cable, and I believe the additional connectors.

Please however , have a look at your SKY guarantee on the receiver, any connection than causes a fault with the box invalidates a guarantee on callouts (whatever that means) .

If you know the installer, then fine, bung him/her a beer when you call them, but these boxes dont half know whats connected to them, and send all the data back to the broadcaster (yes, even the fact you have a second TV connected) .

Be careful

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Blurry hell CH, you'll be wearing a tin foil hat soon to avoid satellite scanning.;)

There is no problem at all with connecting a global amp and TV links, as they are Sky approved accessories and Sky themselves supply and install them.