Right then what have i here?

wassap

Reaction score
Before i start, Hello to sat folk, im new to all this malarky so be gentle!

I was given a geotrack GP500 (POSITIONER?) black box with a remote, and geotrack td12 (motor thingy?) Now am i right in thinking this a old school satellite positioner type jobbie? It was all for free so im not too worried if its crap!

I have attatched a pic of the actuator thing, i cant really see how it fits all on the wall etc, could anyone show me a pic or describe how it would be orientated?

http://soln.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Dish.jpg

Will it be ok to use with a skystar 2 pc based setup.(which i have working fine with a fixed dish setup).Im still a bit of a noob with satellite stuff so anyhelp appreciated _https://modshack.co.uk/images/smilies/smile.gif

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
watcha wassup,
hi m8, welcome to the site well i have had a quick google on your units, your positioner geotrack gp 500
comes up with this

Geotrack GP500/GP580
Newsat NP500

* 15 / 24 Programmable Memories
* 2 Digit LED Display
* Input: 230 VAC
(110VACAvailable)
* Max. Current: 2.2A
* Power Consumption:
70W(Max.)
* Thermal Fuse Overload Protection
and your jack looks like a normal 36v jack suitable to go with this, anyway as far as i can see in your photo, i don't know for sure but going on all the levels and angles of things, if it was mine i would lay it to the right(in relation to the photo) what you need is a pole standing off the wall vertical in all axis, then you clamp this unit onto it using the clamp(sorry) ;)
the dish then goes on the pole bit.
i must state that i am not sure which end of the clamp is top but first thoughts are as above, i suppose it might be able to be checked by disconnecting the end of the jack from the arm, and swinging the pole bit, if it goes in a downward arc this will be ok but if it goes in a upward arc this will be wrong, again without in in my hand i can be sure.

i can not see any reason why it will not work with your setup, as its a stand alone system, you program the positioner, move the dish with this then watch tv.
regards
phil