- My Satellite Setup
- Setting up FTA/FTV for holiday home in France
- My Location
Apologies for basic queries here, but any help would be gratefully received
Tried setting up (Fortec Star Lifetime Classic receiver, 90 cm dish, Universal LNB - all supplied in a kit from Maplin UK) for Astra 2D in SW France ( near Parentis : 44' N 1.1 'W )
With 144' azimuth , 33' elevatioh and approx 20 LNB skew, I could get Astra 2ABD, and the receiver downloaded lots of exotic channels - Arabic TV, eastern Europe stuff, Italian, Spanish, and lots of 'GOD' TV. Only English language stuff was Euronews, BBC World, and some music video stations.
Interestingly ( to me) I watched the receiver scan the reams of channels, both radio and TV, and couldn't see any BBC/Other English FTA channels stuff in the lists of channels that were not downloaded.....
Main questions are :
1. Is this a typical novice result. in that I do know enough about the different frequencies to set up the essential manua scan to get BBC Tv and radio ?
2. Having locked onto some part (!) of the Astra satellite, do this mean that it is the absence of fien tuning and adjustment that is preventing me from getting BBC and other English language stuff ?
3. Could it be that the receiver is too basic and unable to pick up the required channels ?
4. Do I need to key in the exactly frequency details for each channel, then search for a quality signal..?
5. I am correct in assuming that the channels are FTA (ie OK for my Fortec box to find ) and not FTV....?
Thanks for any feedback