Rotanna problems in ProgDVB

D

damhy

My Location
Kent
I just wondered if anyone else has the same problem, if I try and view Rotanna or Rotanna Clip on progDVB, it doesnt work, blank screen. This is on Hotbird (11747Mhz S/R:27500 Pol: H).

I tried it in AltDVB which works although Rotana TV Occasionally breaks up, though I experience the same problem on my STB.

Damien

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well it is fine on my Dreambox, so may just be a weak signal, the PC card does have a high threshold.

D

damhy

My Location
Kent
Is Rotana TV (not Clip) breaking up at all on your dreambox, since it breaks up on my Technomate 5500CI as well, so I am guessing that its something with the channel. But as for progDVB I am starting to think it is a bit of a lost cause.

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, RotanaTV is fine.

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Just loaded up MyTheatre and they do the same as yours, trying to load DVBViewer now to test it as well. :)

D

damhy

My Location
Kent
Yeah i just thought its a bit weird. Maybe I should rush out and buy a dreambox and solve the problem, then again, maybe not.

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I'll try it with DVBViewer later, haven't got that PC running at the moment though, using the monitor to clean my brother's PC after teenager abuse. :)

J

JohnC

My Satellite Setup
Pioneer PDP- LX5090 50"TV
2x Samsung 50" TV
Sony RDRHXD870 DVD/HDD Recorder
Sony RDRHDX950 DVD/HDD Recorder
Humax Foxsat HD
Technomate TM-5402HD piggy-backed to a
Technomate 5500 CI Dap receiver.
Technomate TM5400C-usb connected also to 1.2 metre mo
My Location
Multi-sat enthusiast in the Heart of England since 1993....
The Rotana channels on Hotbird appear to have gone scrambled at midnight last night...
Im still getting a 100% signal strength with 90% quality.... but no picture or sound!!
An on-screen message says scrambled.
Im using a Technomate TN-5500DAP-CI coupled to a 1.5 mtre dish in central UK.
Anyone know where else I can get Rotana FTA.....???
Regards John

D

damhy

My Location
Kent
JohnC said:
The Rotana channels on Hotbird appear to have gone scrambled at midnight last night...
I think that they have just gone from that transponder, i removed them and rescanned the transponder and they never came back up. The signals still there cos that transpoder is live with other channels.

J

JohnC

My Satellite Setup
Pioneer PDP- LX5090 50"TV
2x Samsung 50" TV
Sony RDRHXD870 DVD/HDD Recorder
Sony RDRHDX950 DVD/HDD Recorder
Humax Foxsat HD
Technomate TM-5402HD piggy-backed to a
Technomate 5500 CI Dap receiver.
Technomate TM5400C-usb connected also to 1.2 metre mo
My Location
Multi-sat enthusiast in the Heart of England since 1993....
Thanks damhy ....thats a help
John