Rover master STC

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu uno, VU Duo2, sky dish, 2 zone 2 dishes for 19.2 and 23.5. Satlink meter, rover STCeu meter. Tripod with a dish for messing around.
My Location
North West England
hi, been offered a used rover master stc for £130, I use very occasionally and am no expert so rely on the easy find wizards that editors have.

Is this meter any good for satellite and is it user friendly?

Is £130 a good price?

Many thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Take the meter, it's a good price.

Although the spectrum sweep isn't real time... (but still functional), the meter is packed full of useful measurements, MER, aBER, bBER, EVM, CNR, Noise Margin, CH ID.

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu uno, VU Duo2, sky dish, 2 zone 2 dishes for 19.2 and 23.5. Satlink meter, rover STCeu meter. Tripod with a dish for messing around.
My Location
North West England
Great. I'm having it. £115 final price. Very happy.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Nice result ;)

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West England
Ok,I'm have got my meter. I am very confused by it to be frank. My thought is that I am going to update it then creat my "plan" .

If anyone who has one could give me some pointers on where to begin I would be over the moon, I really don't know where to start. I plugged it in to my sky dish which works fine and every tp that was in the list said no signal. Any pointers? Anyone got a plan that they can share?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
First of all, can you see the transponders on spec mode?

Have you a 28e plan selected?

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk Pro

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West England
Thanks, yes i select the plan called sky28 then hit spect key and I get the spectrum graph. I am such a novice though that the spectrum doesn't mean anything to me and I have looked everywhere but I can't find beginners tutorials to spectrum analyser!

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
use the sat finder function, also what sat plan does it have on it? if its a old firstline one which there are loads appering on e*** it could need the mem plan updating as it only has 28.2e/13e and a uk wide dtt plan. here is a copy of the manual and i can provide pdf,s on how to update the firmware,mem file and the loader/firmware and multi-sat mem file if needed.

Last edited:

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
use the sat finder function, also what sat plan does it have on it? if its a old firstline one which there are loads appering on e*** it could need the mem plan updating as it only has 28.2e/13e and a uk wide dtt plan. here is a copy of the manual and i can provide pdf,s on how to update the firmware,mem file and the loader/firmware and multi-sat mem file if needed.

Nice upload and an interesting read......good luck chavo....looks a good buy. :)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
If using the sat finder function for 28e, program 3 transponders / parameters that do not conflict with another satellite using the same parameters, ie 19e. Simply done and the meter will lock on 28. Personally I never used this function but I believe it does work.

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West England
Thanks very much, I just opened it up to get stuck in and quickly had a confused look on my face - That's not my meter :(

Mine looks like this, but dirtier.
big_0.jpg

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West England
Actual device, is the the STC new?

Attachments

• actual.PNG
    actual.PNG
    649.3 KB · Views: 50

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West England

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
you said you had a master stc, not the stc-eu...

Also I found this which looks like mine and has a decent manual attached. Will be giving it a go later. does anyone have a memory pre-set that they would be willing to share? or is there a windows application to create one and then upload it to the meter?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkhf1rcs6g48iw2/BC75051A_MASTER-STC user manual.pdf.crdownload?dl=0

i can give you the files you need but as @satelliteman says if you go to the roversat website and register you can get all the files you need for your meter

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West England
Hi, I am having a bit of a mare and worry I have bought a dud! I have two meters, satlink crap and the rover stceu.

I flashed the rover with latest firmware, uploaded latest plan. Plugged the meter in to my working sky uk dish and...

Turn on
Select sky 28 plan
Press memory for 2 seconds
Select satellite finder
Press start.
No signal detected.
:(

Any help

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
satfinder is for peaking a dish primarily. seeing as you are using a working dish on 28.2east. just select astra2 and then scroll through the transponders to tpc1l-11.222.h.27500. now press the meas button as it will give you signal qual ect and see if it gives a reading... you could also try the spectrum function to see if there are peaks or just a flat line.. the little padlock in the bottom right hand corner will close when you have a lock. the mem plan is 20 months old now and the 3 txp,s in the sat-finder could have changed parameters

Last edited:

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West England
Hi, thanks for the advice tried what you said and no good, just get signal too low. I get 13db on my iPad dreamote app and 80% on the sat catcher. I am fuming with this fella. He isn't taking my calls now. This guy is a professional installer. Gonna be sending him a letter in the morning or may even head up at the weekend.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you getting a spectrum trace?

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West England
Battery ran out but see the spectrum in the pic

Nothing. When I press spect button it just shows some black lines across the bottom, mainly flat line with 1 small peak

Same line plugged in to sat link

Last edited: