Advice Needed Rover Tab 4 HD Touch datalog problems

ABSatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
normal SKY mini dish
My Location
Gloucestershire
Hi Guys, I have been given the aforementioned meter by my company to play with in the hope that it will improve install speeds (data logging). I have set the meter up so it has all the different terrestrial transmitters required and 4 low bands and 4 high bands. It logs all the info fine which you can see on the smart software, however if you try and create a report to send it omits 2 of the low bands on the spreadsheet.
Any ideas?Rover Tab 4 parameters.png Rover Tab 4 parameters2.png Rover Tab 4 excel report.png

cheekymonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 smallish dishes andaccess to 1 very big one.(7w, 13e,19e, 28.2e, 27.5w)
TM 5402hd,dm500s,vu+solo, pc,laptop,tablet,smartphone. Smartmeter S1 (since someone robbed my satcatcher excel tv mk4)) emitor micro HD. very old promax explorer
My Location
Canary Islands
been looking at one of these myself...what sort of speed is the spectrum all i can find from rover is fast but what do they define as fast....looking for something like the spectrum on a promax or similar (or at least fast enough to be totally usable)..cheers

Kauboj24

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Installer
My Location
Montenegro
Same questions for spectrym speed

vma

Reaction score
Website
vma-satellite.blogspot.pt
My Satellite Setup
RX: 3 motorized DiSEqC-1.2 dishes (100cm, 110cm, 120cm) + 7 regular dishes.
Main receiver: Vu+ Duo + many others & IRD
TX: Modulators for DVB-S/C/T + Dektec Modulators
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
Hi,

Right now I don't have time to check out the datalogger issue, but I just uploaded a small video showing my HD Touch, so you guys get an idea of the spectrum refresh rate. Please read the descriptions of the video, too, for further information.

The spectrum can be considered real-time, it is actually pretty fast, compared to other field meters in this range.

In the end of the video, I am disconnecting/connecting the F-cable. This is to show two things:
  1. How fast the spectrum is rendered
  2. How quickly the Astra 19.2E satellite is recognized
When evaluating the refresh speed of a spectrum analyser, never just trust the real-time spectrum, while it is being fully rendered! This will NOT give hints on how fast the spectrum is. The best is to always disconnect/connect the signal.

In the past I have come across Chinese meters (low cost ones), where between sweeps they actually played an animation on the spectrum, to make it look more "real-time"!

Regards,
vma

Last edited:

Kauboj24

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Installer
My Location
Montenegro
Could you post video how you find satellite with spectrum from 23 east to 7 east example. That we future buyer rover will se how good is rover on field or some other meter maybe combolook from emitor

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
You cant compare the HD Touch STC with the lower end model the TAB 4 they use different processors, the latter is rovers entry level meter

Kauboj24

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Installer
My Location
Montenegro
No i want to se possibility of tab 4 easy . what do you recommend stc or easy tab

vma

Reaction score
Website
vma-satellite.blogspot.pt
My Satellite Setup
RX: 3 motorized DiSEqC-1.2 dishes (100cm, 110cm, 120cm) + 7 regular dishes.
Main receiver: Vu+ Duo + many others & IRD
TX: Modulators for DVB-S/C/T + Dektec Modulators
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
Hi,

Indeed, when I posted the video of my Rover Instruments HD Touch, I had not fully read the title of this thread, which asks about the "Tab 4 HD Touch". This is a different instrument!

The "Tab 4" part of the title was in the first line, so this made me see just the "HD Touch", which is what I have...

However, performance is rather similar in this case, so I left my video without correction, as nothing wrong is induced.

Regards,
Vitor

Kauboj24

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Installer
My Location
Montenegro
Could you do a favour and make a video of spectrum analyser on moving satellite from east to west. Please