Rte one, two,tv three

17-APG

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NOT YET ON SATTELITE BUT WILL PURCHEAS WHEN HUMAX IS AVAILABLE
My Location
BELFAST
Hi
Does anyone know if the RTE channels will be made available anytime soon on Freesat? I had heard rumors that they will be by end of this year.....

G

There was a rumour that an RTE International Channel would be "exclusive" to Freesat, but that has gone by the board.

I'd be surprised if the other RTE Channels went FTA, though.

Surprise me, someone!

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
rai uno said:
Surprise me, someone!
I don't think you will get your surprise any time soon!

fixerman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat & Sky+
My Location
West London
17-APG said:
Hi
Does anyone know if the RTE channels will be made available anytime soon on Freesat? I had heard rumors that they will be by end of this year.....

My understanding is that RTE International has been shelved for the foreseeable future due to the "economic situation".

There are no plans to include the existing RTE channels on freesat. There are very complex rights issues with regards broadcasting certain programmes outside of the ROI. The only way to view these channels is on SKY with a ROI Sky viewing card.

snurgenator

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM 6900 Super Combo

Toshiba L650 using Windows 7 with 4GB Ram, Intel i3 Dual Core Processor
Self built desktop running Windows 7, with 4GB RAM, AMD Athlon Quad Core Processor.
My Location
Longford, Ireland
Or if in ROI use an aerial you will get them then..otherwise i dont think there is another way to get them for free

mournespide

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD box with NI card and no subscription.
Saorview, Basic Freeview and Roku.
My Location
Co.Down (near Claremont Carn transmitter)
If you take out a sky subscription in NI you can get RTÉ1, 2 and TG4 as part of the veriety pack only £18 a month. TV3 not available sadly, snowy analogue for now!

17-APG

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
BELFAST
mournespide said:
If you take out a sky subscription in NI you can get RTÉ1, 2 and TG4 as part of the veriety pack only £18 a month. TV3 not available sadly, snowy analogue for now!
Thanks but no way would i pay £18.00 per month on top if an exhorbitant BBC licence. I am not a miser but just not prepared to do it. And guess what, I find this morning that us in N Ireland will not get ITV1 HD; its not availablke to us. Thank you freesat.

Irishmale

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fuba 85 dish, fuba LNB, Kathrein UFS 910(BPanther Neutrino), DM800(Nabilo v12), Share....
My Location
NRW, Germany
Hi 17-APG,
you can tune in ITV Hd for all the mainstream sh1t. I placed in it in bouquet directly after UTV. I only use UTV for news or regional stuff now & watch the mostly upscaled normal ITV otherwise.

17-APG

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
BELFAST
Irishmale said:
Hi 17-APG,
you can tune in ITV Hd for all the mainstream sh1t. I placed in it in bouquet directly after UTV. I only use UTV for news or regional stuff now & watch the mostly upscaled normal ITV otherwise.

Thank you fo rthis but I have freesat and when i carry out a complete scan of all channels on freesat I cannot get it. Should I scan then of FTA instead?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
It's not Freesat's fault. It's because UTV is not a part of ITV.