RTL NL, RTL DE and RTL LU

dvmedia

Regular Member
Messages
386
Likes
1
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
#1
Are RTL Netherlands, RTL Germany and RTL Luxembourg all owned by the same RTL?

Thanks,
 

lasharratt

quiero un whippee
Messages
33
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500CI+, 90cm motorised by an IRTE Omiview motor, freeview.
My Location
Lancashire
#2
I think they are all owned by the same RTL Television company, like CANAL.
 

Schnuffi

Regular Member
Messages
107
Likes
2
My Location
Sunny, Germany
#3
With 31 television and 33 radio stations in 10 countries, RTL Group is Europe’s largest TV, radio and production company. The Luxembourg-based media group operates TV channels and radio stations in Germany, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, UK, Luxembourg, Spain, Portugal, Hungary and Croatia. It is one of the world’s leading producers of television content such as game shows and soaps, including “Pop Idol”, “Good Times, Bad Times”, “Family Feud” and “The Bill”. RTL Group was created in Spring 2000 following the merger of CLT-UFA, the TV and radio group owned by Bertelsmann AG (with the German newspaper group WAZ) and the Belgian-Canadian Groupe Bruxelles Lambert (GBL), with the British production company Pearson TV owned by the UK-based media group Pearson plc. In July 2001, Bertelsmann became majority shareholder of RTL Group following a stock swap with GBL in which GBL changed its 30 per cent stake in RTL Group against a 25 per cent stake in Bertelsmann AG. In December 2001, Bertelsmann entered into an agreement with Pearson plc to acquire its 22 per cent stake in RTL Group, raising Bertelsmann’s interest in RTL Group to 90.4 per cent. The remaining 9.6 per cent of RTL Group are publicly traded.

You can read more here
http://www.rtlgroup.com/_2005/AboutUs_38.htm

Rgds Schnuffi
 
Messages
7
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Strong FTA receiver, 55cm Sky zone 1 dish, 0.3db LNB
My Location
Mid-Anglia, England
#4
dvmedia said:
Are RTL Netherlands, RTL Germany and RTL Luxembourg all owned by the same RTL?

Thanks,
'RTL' stands for - Radio, Television, Luxembourg.
 
Top