Russian and Latvian channels

Cuculand

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I would like to have some advice about what I will need to see Latvian Channels , eg dish size and a good receiver ... I think they are using Sirius 3.

Many thanks in advance.
My Location
Wiltshire - Swindon
I would like what hardware you can recommend and size dish I will need to install Russian and Latvian Channels.

Do I need an special cards to pay or are there a free view.

I am living in Uk, South West ...

Sirius 3

Sorry to be new in this but I would like to learn more about it

Many thanks in advance for the good forum and hard work.....

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The majority of these channels can be received on a 1m dish as far as Wales. There is a difference in signal strength between morning and evening however, and rain/cloud cover will also have a detrimental effect on the reception, so don't expect 24 hour viewing.

maxi07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Techomate 1500c+super
motorised(Two years old)
My Location
Swindon. Wilts. UK.
I have a 90cm dish and a Techomate receiver motorised system(two years old). I do not know about any Latvian channels (but then I have never looked!). You can,however, pick up several RUSSIAN free(to air) channels on:Sirius, filmnet(in Russian!) etc. Also, Hotbird satellite-try TBN Russia, an entertainment channel. There are other Russian programmes(free) but you'll have to search for them.
Happy viewing! Hope this advice is of some help. Also purchase a copy of 'What Satellite' from WH Smith's ,expensive(£3.99) but useful.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
maxi07 said:
I have a 90cm dish and a Techomate receiver motorised system(two years old). I do not know about any Latvian channels (but then I have never looked!). You can,however, pick up several RUSSIAN free(to air) channels on:Sirius, filmnet(in Russian!) etc. Also, Hotbird satellite-try TBN Russia, an entertainment channel. There are other Russian programmes(free) but you'll have to search for them.
Happy viewing! Hope this advice is of some help. Also purchase a copy of 'What Satellite' from WH Smith's ,expensive(£3.99) but useful.

Whilst WS does have some use, it is not ideal for people scanning channels with a motorised system.
Latvian channels do exist on Sirius, TV5 for example, however suffer from the same signal anomalies as others when viewed in the UK.

Have a look through the site _www.lyngsat.com for more details

Cuculand

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I would like to have some advice about what I will need to see Latvian Channels , eg dish size and a good receiver ... I think they are using Sirius 3.

Many thanks in advance.
My Location
Wiltshire - Swindon
I would like to know if I need pay to viasat to view the channels TV3, TV6, LTV1 LNT, LTV5 LATVIJA.

Those are channels from latvia and I would like to now if is better to install for best signal a 1 m dish and a dream box receiver... any recomendations are welcome.. thanks to all.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Yes you would have to pay for a subscription for the Viasat channels if you were to view them with the official receiver.

A 1m dish is unlikely to be suitable however as from past experience, the Viasat receivers do not have a sensitive tuner.