S*ca2 decoder on the pc

pesky

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am a Malaysian and currently a subscriber to Astro, the only available Sat-TV provider. I am not interested in obtaining free access to Astro - although once its commercially viable I might :). I have read a bit and understand that the satellite signal is currently encrypted using s*ca2.

My question is, with a valid smartcard is it possible too offload the decoding process on to my computer? Assuming that I have the needed hardware such as a smart card reader and a tv decoder card. What software would I be looking at to make it happen? I am trying to build a PVR unit but its really irritating to still have to change channels on the Astro decoder.

p.s. I know that s*ca2 pairs the decoder together with the card but could there be a way to emulate the decoder itself?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You would need a satellite card with a CAM slot and then use a Mediaguard CAM for your legitimate card. You may also be able to do it with a phoenix programmer connected to your computer, but not entirely sure.

firefox76

Reaction score
rolfw, i'ts posible to cloning my original card (Astro Card with seca 2) to my silver card or piccard-ii?. thanks!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
@ Pesky, Mediaguard CAMs are probably around the €100 mark.

@ firefox76, No, not as far as I know.

firefox76

Reaction score
[size=-1]Rolfw, please checkout www.la-cafetera.com/seca2.htm , They said can read card seca2 with card v7, it's real or fake?

Thanks
[/size]

pesky

Reaction score
Thanks Rolfw for all your help. Now before I go off spending money, just to confirm one last thing. Can I purchase a MR(Matrix Reloaded) CAM and use it with my valid Astr0 smart card without prior reprogramming of the CAM since the CAM supports the Astr0 provider ID as well as S*ca2?

tometto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite & Computer Setup
My Location
From Boot
you can use one PCI sat tuner+progDvb+pmcam2+smartmouse+

original card for pay tv se#a2