S.Sweden...Upgrading LNB...Will it help?

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
Internet TV... Sweden's Telia Broadband service.
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
Likvid said:
It's always better to buy a bigger dish than you really need, in your situation you should have bought the 2.4 meter Channel Master or even a 3 meter dish.

Playing with different LNBs doesn't make any great impact, alway buy the biggest you can afford.

It might have been directed at me Corrigap... Anyway, getting a 2.4 or a 3metre CM is out of the question. I dont have that amount of cash or space to make it worth while. As I only lose V Channels anyway, it simply isnt worth it. The small cost of getting the Invacom is well worth the cost, because I am experiencing some pixelation in bad weather occasionally.

Gatekeeper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DVBS Satellite Antenna and reciever No Name and the All Weather Protection Booster
My Location
Belgium
Rabbit said:
I currently use a MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB, and was thinking upgrading to something better. Current reception is good all day, but during bad weather, such as heavy rain or snow, I get pixilation. This happens only in the evening during a small period between say approx 8pm and 11pm. I have attached a makeshift cover for my LNB, which has worked a treat to keep the rain and snow away from the front of the feedhorn (it has improved reception during bad weather), but I still get slight pixilation during bad weather. Is there anyone in the South Sweden area using a better LNB which with eliminate the occasional pixilation?
Oh yes, the slight pixilation occurs on 2D horrizontal H transponders. I still receive no channels on V transponder. Would the upgrade in your opinion achieve V channel reception?
Before anyone says, align the dish better or change the skew...I have already done this to its maximum (I think!!!)... Thanks.

I have bought a All Weather Protection Booster from www.schlueter-enterprises.com. Since than I have no issues with Snow, rain and I have even during summertime a much better signal plus it is really inexpensive.

Greetings:)

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
Internet TV... Sweden's Telia Broadband service.
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
Gatekeeper said:
I have bought a All Weather Protection Booster from www.schlueter-enterprises.com. Since than I have no issues with Snow, rain and I have even during summertime a much better signal plus it is really inexpensive.

Greetings:)

Ever since I wrote this thread, I have used a makeshift peice of plastic... Blown off a few times... but I might actually give this a go... thanks for the link.