s_x-on-Tv Subscription

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
3,764
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
76
My Location
Middle East - Israel
s_x-On-TV started few weeks ago a new service with four adult channels.
They claim to have high quality channels:

- s_x-on TV Diamond
- s_x-on TV Gold
on Hot Bird 13E, frequency=11,411 Po=H

and

- s_x-on TV Crystal
- s_x-on TV Silver
on Eurobird 9E, frequency=11,938 Pol=H

The smartcard for 12 months costs 129 Euro.
Presumably the same card will open all four channels.

It is not clear to me why would a service provider split the channels on two satellites instead of having them ALL on one satellite or two.

A potential subscriber who can receive either Hot Bird or Eurobird 9E would hesitate to order the smartcard as it would only open two channels instead of four.
Only subscribers who can receive both satellites would be able to watch all four channels, with the inconvenience of motor movement if they don't have multiple LNBs.

I think that they should sell three types of smartcards with different prices:
Only for Hotbird 13E (2 channels)
Only for Eurobird 9E (2 channels)
For both satellites (4 channels)

Otherwise they can expect a drop in sales.
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
49,317
Reaction score
9,948
Points
113
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Eutelsat probably offered them an incentive to split the transmissions over 9E & 13E. Eutelsat is pushing dual head lnb's hard for folks with fixed Hotbird dishes.
 

DarkDeveloper

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Age
49
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Hotbird + 90cm Nilesat dishes. Comag SL100HD CI/MVision MV-9085 USB Net receivers, Windows 7 WMC PC with Pinnacle PCTV 3010x + FloppyDTV
My Location
Middle East
Analoguesat said:
Eutelsat probably offered them an incentive to split the transmissions over 9E & 13E. Eutelsat is pushing dual head lnb's hard for folks with fixed Hotbird dishes.


Just out of interest, can I pick up Eurobird 9 with a fixed dish pointed at Hotbird? (I'm working in Saudi Arabia at the mo)

Thanks in advance
 

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
3,764
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
76
My Location
Middle East - Israel
DarkDeveloper said:
Just out of interest, can I pick up Eurobird 9 with a fixed dish pointed at Hotbird? (I'm working in Saudi Arabia at the mo)

Thanks in advance

I think that this should be possible, You will need an extra LNB and point it to 9E. But first, check the footprint coverage of 9E over your location to see if it is as strong as Hot Bird 13E.
 

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
3,764
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
76
My Location
Middle East - Israel
The SOTV package has now an option of 5 channels including Dorcel. Cost 149 Euro, Viaccess only.
As Dorcel has a video bitrate of ~ 2,000 kb/s, this would be a better choice than buying InxWorld smartcard, which has the other channels Free-XTV, Free-XTV2 and Xdream TV at bitrate of ~ 1,000 kb/s.
The monitored video bitrate of SOTV Gold and SOTV Diamond is ~ 2,800 kb/s.
As I don't have access to SOTV Crystal and SOTV Silver (they are on 9E), I would appreciate it if a member who has a Dreambox with bitrate plugin and dish pointed to 9E to monitor the video and audio readings and post data in this thread. Thanks.
 

DarkDeveloper

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Age
49
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Hotbird + 90cm Nilesat dishes. Comag SL100HD CI/MVision MV-9085 USB Net receivers, Windows 7 WMC PC with Pinnacle PCTV 3010x + FloppyDTV
My Location
Middle East
HB13DISH said:
I think that this should be possible, You will need an extra LNB and point it to 9E. But first, check the footprint coverage of 9E over your location to see if it is as strong as Hot Bird 13E.

Thanks for that....I've just learnt that MCT + Redlight are defecting to Eurobird at the end of the year....does this spell the beginning of the end of Hotbird 13e as a home for adult material?
 

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
3,764
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
76
My Location
Middle East - Israel
DarkDeveloper said:
Thanks for that....I've just learnt that MCT + Redlight are defecting to Eurobird at the end of the year....does this spell the beginning of the end of Hotbird 13e as a home for adult material?

I doubt it.
Eurobird is probably leasing their transponders at a lower price than Hot Bird, but in the end it will work as a boomerang to the providers as nobody is willing to spend extra money to move a fixed dish, or add another LNB and accessories just to see the package on another satellite, unless you already have the setup for that.
In the case of MCT and RL, I would say Good Ridance as they have the worst quality of all adult packages.
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
49,317
Reaction score
9,948
Points
113
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
HB13DISH said:
The SOTV package has now an option of 5 channels including Dorcel. Cost 149 Euro, Viaccess only.
As Dorcel has a video bitrate of ~ 2,000 kb/s, this would be a better choice than buying InxWorld smartcard, which has the other channels Free-XTV, Free-XTV2 and Xdream TV at bitrate of ~ 1,000 kb/s.
The monitored video bitrate of SOTV Gold and SOTV Diamond is ~ 2,800 kb/s.
As I don't have access to SOTV Crystal and SOTV Silver (they are on 9E), I would appreciate it if a member who has a Dreambox with bitrate plugin and dish pointed to 9E to monitor the video and audio readings and post data in this thread. Thanks.

SOTV Crystal:
video 2700
audio 128

SOTV Silver
video 2700
audio 128
 

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
3,764
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
76
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Thanks Analoguesat.:)
About the same as for the Hot Bird 13E channels.
 

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
3,764
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
76
My Location
Middle East - Israel
The s_x-on-TV Crystal and s_x-On-TV Silver channels on Eurobird 9E have been replaced with:
Redlight Hot
Redlight Spice
Redlight Experirnce
Redlight Treat

No idea if these new Redlight channels have any relation to Redlight package on Hot Bird 13E, which have a bad reputation with regards to their video and audio quality.
 

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
3,764
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
76
My Location
Middle East - Israel
At long last, it looks like SOTV has got some sense in their head and have decided to have all the channels on Hot Bird 13E, instead of splitting it with Eurobird 9E.
Just noticed while doing a new scan that the following new SOTV channels are now in Hot Bird 13E.
- SOTV Classic
- SOTV Silver
- SOTV Crystal
- SOTV Diamond
- SOTV Gold

Frequency 11,410 MHz, 5/6, 27.5
Quality on all channels are lower than they were before, around 1800 kb/s video and 128 kb/s audio, so there goes their claim about having the best quality.
Will give subscription a miss, if they are no better than Redlight.
 

jimbo

Retired Mod
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,482
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
71
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The redlights are finished now and we are directed to the SOTV channels. Message says anyone with redlight sub may get a discount for SOTV.
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
49,317
Reaction score
9,948
Points
113
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Two Redlights have turned up on 13E (although tagged as SOTV channels on the epg)

Redlight Experience
Redlight Treat
 

jimbo

Retired Mod
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,482
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
71
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I'm confused LOL. :)
 

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
23,700
Reaction score
3,859
Points
113
Age
67
My Satellite Setup
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 35 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
jimbo said:
I'm confused LOL. :)


You're confused then so am I, I cannot receive any of them....
Do I want to????/need to??? :-doh!:-doh!
 

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
3,764
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
76
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Topper said:
You're confused then so am I, I cannot receive any of them....
Do I want to????/need to??? :-doh!:-doh!

Adult channels are much cheaper and safer than using Viagra. :)
 

essiem12

Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2006
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
52
My Satellite Setup
arion
My Location
Italy
redlight people change the na,e and want to continue cheating people selling cards... I have an old redlight card and it is not working any more.
 
Top