Samsung does a Kaffeine update.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
OK, not as newsworthy as "Samsung landfills its Note 7", but Samsung's Open Source division have rejuvenated the Kaffeine Media Player, bringing it out of its lethargy and updating it to Kaffeine 2.0.

Here, I'm trying the latest version, 2.0.4. The tarball can be downloaded via a link at-

Kaffeine 2.0.4 Released, Includes Major Improvements for Digital TV - Samsung Open Source Group Blog

I'm using it in Ubuntu 16, kernel 4.4.0.38. I tried it originally in Mint Cinnamon 18 and Mint KDE, but with its kernel 4.4.0.21, it doesn't seem for me to be able to scan in any channels, no SNR reading, although the device ( whatever card I was using) was found, and w_scan found all muxes in a scan of various satellites.

Some headers are needed to build Kaffeine 2.0, instructions can be found at Linuxtv -

Kaffeine - LinuxTVWiki

My TBS6925 was found as Device 1. Oddly, in Configure Television, it was still showing the two TBS6983 tuners as installed devices, although I had removed the card previously as Kaffeine refused to scan in any channels even though w_scan worked fine (/dev/dvb/adapters showing just the one device).

Kaffeine 2.0.4.JPG

Attachments

• Kaffeine channel scanning.jpg
    Kaffeine channel scanning.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 6
  • Kaffeine config device.jpg
    Kaffeine config device.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Kaffeine LNB settings.jpg
    Kaffeine LNB settings.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Kaffeine network info.png