sat motor help

nistleboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 54c,tm600,eagle.80cm motorised dish.
My Location
n.ireland
hi all

I have tried what Big Tee said about pointing to astra and it was finding astra now and again. and then i manually pointed it to true south so it would think it was at south. Then i told it to go to astra and the satellite started to move west instead of south east, so i am really starting to think i have a faulty receiver .

Ps Compufunk i think you could be right i really dont understand. When i tell it to go 5w and have it saved at 5w and then tell it to go astra its moving right instead of left.

Thanks everyone

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Do a factory reset on the receiver, then start from scratch on the reference satellite.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
...........Also, take a few pictures of the USALS screen and the dish when on ZERO position. There may be something obvious :D

nistleboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n.ireland
hi guys
sorry was away was tryint to sort out sat rec been at this for three days now plus my day job.hi satman took a pic of usals ill upload soon and rolf i did factory reset now around 5 times i thought that would do the trick but it keeps moving totally west as if it thinks it is pointing a north .big tee i thought your idea was the ticket it stayed on astra then then when i sent it to hell sat witch took the dish completly west to nearly the end of motor .i took the motor of today and manually set it to 40 deg left of motor and im getting astr 1 then i moved it to 35 deg and had astra and bad1 and 5 other sats so i think the dish is close to arc. going to fine tune tom least i can get loads of sats even if i have to climb a ladder lol.topper the pic i had last night was a pic i just had on camera,sorry mate. i rang the guy i bought it of and some techmate guy is going to ring me tom, i hope.i have learnt so much in the past few days i think if i had a good sat rec this wouldnt of been to hard .thanks guys so much i do believe i will get there in the end.

nistleboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n.ireland
some pics guys
nistleboy-albums-sat-pics-picture67-dsc00299.jpg

nistleboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n.ireland

nistleboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n.ireland

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Nothing wrong with the USALS settings from what I can see.

Are you having problems locating 5W at set up?

> Goto 'motor control'

> Press 'goto reference' ok, this will take the motor back to zero.

> At this point - go outside and make sure this dish is straight and centre on the motor shaft and LNb is straight and vertical.

> Back to the receiver and at the top, under satellite, change to 5W Atlantic Bird 3 and then goto

> The dish will move 1.1 degree. Then if using the receiver signal screen to set up then select a transponder on 5W and adjust the dish together motor around the pole bracket and the dish elevation to find a signal.

> lock up.

Simple if you do it just as above.

Paul
Satman :)

nistleboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n.ireland
hi all
i rang the technomate guy today he told me it could be the coaxial from the techbox to the motor might be faulty and it might not be getting right sygnal to motor.so im going to fit new cable tom and see if he is right ,hope so.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds unlikely, if you are getting good signal strength and quality as shown in the picture above, the cable is probably not at fault.

nistleboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n.ireland
hi paul
will try this tom k ,before i put up new cable it sounds quite promising. i think my mum loves this sat rec ,she has not seem me this much in years.
thanks paul

ps hope its sunny tom been shit weather over here recently

nistleboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n.ireland
hi rolf
thought it sounded silly but thought i may as well try it. if it does not work tom ill phone the guy that i bought it and ask him to replace.
thanks rolf

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Yes do as per post#28 and it should be a done job :)

nistleboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n.ireland
hi paul
thanks very much for your help went to motor and then to ref and then to 5w. it went just a click or so used sat meter to get good synal and locked up. then sent to astra 19e and it went straight to it mate.then sent to hotbird and again sent to it.i cant believe it was ready to give up a couple of days ago. i would just like to thank all involved in helping me and im going pay some money to site . its the best 200.00 i ever spent just looking forward to football now lol.

ps paul could you send me your paypal will send you some funds to buy some beers.
cheers everyone

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Glad your up and running eventually nistleboy :)

Thanks for the offer but would be happy for any donations to be put towards to running of this forum :D

Regards

Paul
Satman :)