• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sat sites

richardp

My Location
pj::
What the hell's going on with all the sat sites, everything seems to be shut down especially carlmeekin which is a good link site. Is there a crack down in progress?
Richard.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
richardp said:
Is there a crack down in progress?
Yes, it looks like a lot of sites have been a target for closure.

Some may return - like Toecutters but in a much reduced format.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
It everyone keeps their head down for a few more days, then the limited resources of the relevant authorities will be redirected to clamp down on something else like parking more than 7cm from a kerb, smoking in public rambling fields, or sarcastic dancing. It should be our turn again in about 40 years. :rolleyes:

caretaker

its not just the sites that are closing down but also most of the scrabbled sat channels (a conspiricy?),at the same time?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
As far as I'm aware, there is a truckload of stuff open at the moment?!?!

Sly IT, Digital+, TPeeS, Polsat, Cabo, Canal 1W and tons of other odds and s*ds. Sure they come and go, but it's been like that since the beginning of sat-time.