Satcatcher Digipro 111s battery?

nml

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.5 dish, Gibertini 1.2 to motorize, Funke 1 mtr motorized.
VU+ Duo,3 dreamboxes,2 Foxsat hdrs,, 3 digiboxes and relook 400s.. Satcatcher mk4 Nit, Satlink 6908 and an old Lacuna.
My Location
Granada, Spain
I purchased this 2 years ago and had initial problems with the battery and the meter cutting out. I took it back for repair direct to Satcatcher at Hull and Steve replaced the battery and the LCD screen because one of the wires had been caught when the case was was originally sealed. the battery life did improve but I still did not get more then about 45 minutes usage.
Since then it has gradually deteriorated further down to 15 minutes and now after about 5 minutes the meter switches off when a Horizontal (18v) transponder is selected but will continue to work for about another 10 minutes when V is selected but it will work fine on Horizontal when the charger is connected.
Sounds like it could be the battery again, but do I risk another £35 or £62 pounds to find out or scrap the meter and start again? Any feedback or opinions would be much appreciated.

Or is it possible to make up your own battery pack? I made one up for my old Lacuna meter 2years ago still working fine.

Thanks in advance nml