Satdudez and the Den

Status
Not open for further replies.

learning

Reaction score
My Location
central southern england
Not sure about the Malta thing etc butif i sell u a car and u do 50 in a 30 mph zone am i guilty for selling u the car

if i am a publican and I sell you beer all night and you drive am i guilty for letting you drink drive
if i etc etc etc ................
if i sell u a cam and you watch progs you shouldnt am i guilty
if u used an arbitary set of numbers and letters posted on a forum for illegal purposes whose to blame the poster or user

British justice sucks so you know the answers already. murder me rape my missus but steal me money and the law will really come down hard on you and never ever hit a burglar.

Ps I suspect Toe and dudez will be back one way or another

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
If you want read the DirecTV story...

h**p://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20041208/PIRATE08/TPNational/Canada

Amazing how he thought he would get away with it!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Crumbs, that's an oldie but goody. :)

mo1965

Reaction score
Yes I think they will be back but the content probably will be different. Or may relocate outside EU or anywhere where certain Aussie/American ugly man can't reach them or can't influnce weak goverments to close them down.
goodluck

simon 2003

Reaction score
looks like toes ad enuf too.people more interested in getting there flippin posts back,and there signiture status,he said foo k off posts and ststus unimportant but people will push the flippin piont ,lets hope he calms down and has a rethink simon 2003

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
There were only a couple of posts moaning about their status and posts and they were put in their place by other posters. A bit of an over-reaction I would say.

zardoz99

Reaction score
It doesn't take much to cause someone who has put thier heart into providing a service for the masses, to suddenly decide that they have had enough. One "last straw" can be all it takes. Trust me on this.. it's happened to me twice now, in non-sat related areas. Both times, it was one last nasty comment that caused me to say, sod this, and pull the plug, permanently.

I'm sad that TOES has quit but I 110% understand why....

hmtheping

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Barnsley south yorkshire
Butterbox said:
There were only a couple of posts moaning about their status and posts and they were put in their place by other posters. A bit of an over-reaction I would say.

well mr butterbox i dont know how long you have been on the sat scene
BUT i know that you have a cheek to say toes response was an over-reaction 'O'-red
if you put as much time into thinking as toe has on his Brilliant sat site
You would be a very clever human being )(-red
toe has kept us going even tho he had very serious health problems to say the least, not taking into account all the other problems like his close family police shutting his site last year etc etc etc need i go on????????? )(-red
Toe allways comes back but i wouldnt if i had peeps like you who just think of them selves, so take a step back & think how much money & hours of hard work Toes has worked thro the nights & days just to get no thanksundefined
No doubt you just log on get your files then log off & watch your tele!!!!!
Please tell me if i am wrong in this matter???
kind regards
hmtheping )(-red

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK guys, going to close this thread, I can see why things like this may cause a reaction like that from Toe and can also see why someone may consider it an over reaction, as not everyone realises the amount of work that goes on in the background and perhaps doesn't see all of the posts or receive the moaning PMs.

It is enough that he feels that he has been forced into making the decision, I for one will miss the forum and hope that he reconsiders.

But one very big point, this isn't the Den and whilst I have no problems with people mentioning or talking about other forums, I will not have arguments which concern the operation of other forums, these will inevitably turn into flaming sessions and are not of concern to Satellites.co.uk.

Status
Not open for further replies.