satellite angel ,, pleaseeee help

srood123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
me and my brother
My Location
UK
Hi everyone

I hope there is some one who can help me. I want to install my satellite dish with motor. I live in London, and I need help with how to put the satellite dish angel and the motor angel.

Please if there is any one from London, who has put the satellite dish setup please help me, with the dish angel and the motor angel. My motor is DiSEqC 1.2/1.3 USALS Satellite Motor .

Please help me if you know the dish and the motor angel. I have tried with all the websites but I haven’t got any god answer, I appreciate your help

Thank you all

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
read the instructions that come with the dish and the motor,they should give you a pretty good idea of what angles you need to set everything.

TWAG

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What make is the motor? What do the scales on the side say, does one of them say latitude?

srood123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
me and my brother
My Location
UK
hi there,

My motor is STAB Motor HH120. On the motor there are two scales. One says latitude and the other elevation (from what i have understood from the instructions it says:
For London, latitude 51.5 and the elevation 39.0. It gives a formula to do a calculation. The formula for STAB Motors HH120 is this: P-(60-location latitude).

I just need to know what this formula is for, is it to work out the angle for the dish or another angle for the motor?

So basically I know there are two angles that relate to the motor and one for the dish but which is which.

Thank you for your help.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Now you need to give info on the dish, your exact location, and whether your pole is set up OK.

srood123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
me and my brother
My Location
UK
The dish is Global Orbit 80cm. I live in south west london and the pole is set up ok (as far as i know)

srood123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
me and my brother
My Location
UK
havent got any answer :(

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
srood123 said:
havent got any answer :(

No, some members actually sleep at night. :-doh!

The angle on the motor is your latitude (using the latitude scale), the angle for the dish is shown in the Stab handbook, it actually gives an example for London and shows 22.6 degrees. This may need tweaking a little, but good to start with.

srood123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
me and my brother
My Location
UK
HI again
thank you for your answer. Using the formula I have calculated the dish elevation to be as follows

Stab Motor HH120 equals = P - ( 60 - locatio latitiude)
= 39 -( 60 - 51.5) = 30.5
so the dish angle should be 30.5 for london. Is this correct or should I use the one You have given me, 22.6?

for the motor angle, as you said its just to put the latitiude which is for london is 51.5.

why I think P = 39 cuz when I put the latitude for the motor it gives me the elevation figure on the other side.

Im sorry if the questions im asking are stupid but I realy dont have a clue.

thank you

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
P should be 31 degrees, it is the elevation of the dish from your location to the highest point in your arc.

So: 31 - (60 - 51.5) = 22.5

You can find out these details by downloading the calculator from www.smw.se

dago

Reaction score
@srood123, hi m8, the easies way to set uo the dish, forget all
about angels. locate 1w with the bolts on you motor slightly loose
rotate the motor side to side until you get a signal, once you get
a signal, you can use the elevation bolts to get the best signal.
as 1w is the highest sat, all other sats should be easy to track.
I'm in north london, i can track from hispa to astra 28.

regards.

srood123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
me and my brother
My Location
UK
thank you for all your help, I think you have sorted my problem, any way I understand much better now

thanks alot

srood123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
me and my brother
My Location
UK
hi again

I want just 2 know when you say, 22.5 for dish, isit the satellite dish or the motor angle????

As I said if I put the motor angle on 51.5 which is london latitude and the satellite dish on 22.5 degrees should be fine???!!!!.

Is this correct or not???!!!!!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, 22.5 for the dish itself. :)