Satellite motor problem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC2.4 GHz Duo Core Quad.
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Falkirk
Hi there I just purchased the dreambox 600 pvr once i connected the motor to it I tuned up and all was well.Last night i went to tune into hotbird and the dish never moved went outside tried the manual settings left and right and it went one inch either way and stopped.I had the smaller version before this and it happened with it also.I think that these fortec star H-H motors are total crap as this one lasted me 2 days as i bought it from maplins on sunday for 60 pounds.Basically has anyone else had this problem with this motor, i have now ordered a ***** dark motor with metal gearing is this any good my dish is an 85 cm so hope i dont get the same problem it arrives tomorrow.Apart from that the new dreambox works a treat was lucky enough that the dish was stuck on thor tonight and seen a good football match at anfield.

Thanks for the help

Regards

Stevo

thecaretaker

Reaction score
Website
www.thecaretakers.net
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
South East Coast, England
I've got a dark motor and it has been fairly reliable. I had to tighten up the back lash play on it a few weeks ago but still OK.

I'm not a fan of Maplins since they took my money for a Fortec Star PassionHD box and then told me they were out of stock and didn't expect anymore for 3 months. When I asked for the money back then they refused. They said it wasn't possible (not company policy) and gave me a voucher to redeem on something else in the shop.

I told them I didn't want anything else in the shop but they wouldn't give me my money back. I was intructed to write to their head office to get cash back to the value of the voucher. Needless to say, they will not get my custom again.

Sorry for the rant. Makes me feel better getting that off my chest! You'll not go far wrong with the dark motor m8

215liverpool

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1meter dish & DM500HD
My Location
Hertfordshire
Hi Mate,

I get this problem with my DM600 occasionally, I just go into the dreambox rotor setting and disable limits then it seems to get the motor moving again.

Before you say you haven't set any limits, neither had I but it seems to get things moving again.

Hope it helps

stevotherevo_1 said:
Hi there I just purchased the dreambox 600 pvr once i connected the motor to it I tuned up and all was well.Last night i went to tune into hotbird and the dish never moved went outside tried the manual settings left and right and it went one inch either way and stopped.I had the smaller version before this and it happened with it also.I think that these fortec star H-H motors are total crap as this one lasted me 2 days as i bought it from maplins on sunday for 60 pounds.Basically has anyone else had this problem with this motor, i have now ordered a ***** dark motor with metal gearing is this any good my dish is an 85 cm so hope i dont get the same problem it arrives tomorrow.Apart from that the new dreambox works a treat was lucky enough that the dish was stuck on thor tonight and seen a good football match at anfield.

Thanks for the help

Regards

Stevo