Satellite range

malcom123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised system. Samsung reciever. Sky HD
My Location
Birminham west midlands
Hope I have selected the right forum for this question. I am scanning satellites in the range of 28deg east to 30deg west. Is it practicable or possible for a 80cm dish to scan further in either direction........Is there anything of interest byond my present range that my 80cm would pick up.

Across the satellites thus far scanned on some channels the reciever comes up with the message SID not found in PAT....... What does this mean!!!!!!! Could there be something in my scan settings that cause such a message or are such channels simply not available on an 80cm system.......

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You should be able to get as far as 45W (Not that there is anything left on there at present!) one way and some beams from 39E and 42E t'other way.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
check flysat or lyngsat website for the frequencies of channels to make sure you have the latest transponders.

you should get 39e some channels and 42east as said above, just be careful moving the dish as you might have limits set on the positioner for each side of the satellite arc.

malcom123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Birminham west midlands
wod said:
check flysat or lyngsat website for the frequencies of channels to make sure you have the latest transponders.

you should get 39e some channels and 42east as said above, just be careful moving the dish as you might have limits set on the positioner for each side of the satellite arc.

That's what I was concerned about.......The chap (installer) that recently set up the positioner parameters advised me not to take the dish to extremes. He set the range I am currently using........Although I am now used to the positioner and could set new parameters but If there is not much out there byond those limits I think I had better not push my luck as the system has been up for nearly 17 years.......I have never used the dish byond 28deg east and 30deg west.....

P.S. Is it normal to get channels that the reciever say's SID not found in PAT.......On my old Samsung receiver I never had such messages displayed..............

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Going further than the set limits comes with a caveat of course, but the new channels you find may be worth the risk. If you understand a bit more than English then they could be of interest, and the number of new/obscure channels is growing each week.

Your limitations come with the dish size and just how close the dish gets to any obstacle, not the motor itself.

malcom123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Birminham west midlands
Topper said:

They have only just been scanned with a new VU+ duo receiever.........All looked at immediately after scaning.......And a fair number come up with SID not found in PAT.....Some show signal strenghths (not the ones that say sid not found in pat) and are not shown to be encrypted yet still do not appear.....

dmgp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Superjack positioner, VU+Duo,Eagle, 1.2 Wineguard mesh dish
My Location
Berks
Not all channels transmit 24/7 so although you have signal strength it's because there are several channels on that frequency and the one you have downloaded Identifiers don't agree with whatever is in your xml file which probably came with the image, becuase things are changing all the time. I have been following your questions and you seem to be getting to grips with the box. Don't give up I'm 70 and it took a while. When and if you get it connected to your router via wire or homeplugs and can see the box interface on your pc and you have downloaded dreambox edit ( For channel list changes) and Dreambox control centre DCC you will be able to change things in the software (Like xml files ) quite easily. I personally don't venture beyond 30 West and can't see beyond 28 East due trees.