Satellite receiver for NHKpremium

Stevey7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Sky Digibox 2600
My Location
France
can I watch in Belgium with a terrestrial antenna to receive Freeview UK or French terrestrial signal?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
can I watch in Belgium with a terrestrial antenna to receive Freeview UK or French terrestrial signal?
How big an aerial do you have that works at UK frequencies, and how far up can you stick it ?

Fisty McB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See my signature...
My Location
County Tyrone, N. Ireland
I would imagine that under normal coverage conditions, the answer is no with regards the UK. The distance from major UK transmitters is too great, not to mention that the closest transmitter to Belgium at Dover is very directional away from Belgium.

As for France, I don't know. If you're close enough to the French/Belgian border it may be possible. Ultimately someone with better knowledge than me on this would need to advise.

Stevey7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Sky Digibox 2600
My Location
France
How big an aerial do you have that works at UK frequencies, and how far up can you stick it ?
Hi for the moment I don't have an aerial antenne. But can you suggest for Brussels area which one would capture the UK frequencies.
Brussels is at an altitude around 65m and adding house altitude : around 70m

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Hi for the moment I don't have an aerial antenne. But can you suggest for Brussels area which one would capture the UK frequencies.
Brussels is at an altitude around 65m and adding house altitude : around 70m
One antenna has already been suggested. It should be possible to combine signals from two to improve your chances.

Stevey7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Sky Digibox 2600
My Location
France
We are Japanese living in Europe, we also read many opinions concerns expressed by our fellow Europeans who love Japan and speak the language.

I wrote a letter to nhkworld_emea@jibtv.com which NHK World Premium´s direct responsible department
We can get all together(Japanese/European) write our concerns to them.
Here is one from me.
---------------------
I am writing you concerned about NHK World Premium and their difficulty of reception. Recently we lost our JSTV which we Japaneses living in Europe are strongly related to watching for everyday for past 40 years. We are struggling and ever since 1st November we no longer able to follow NHK News in Japanese in "normal and easy reception" which we so got used to everyday all our 4 decades. now nothing we can follow up what´s going on in Japan for month and weeks, worrying what will happen if we get big earthquakes in Japan and terrorism missiles war corona....., how we can look after each other and if our family and friends in Japan are safe ? phones cannot reachable during state of emergency....... We are so deserted by lack of information of how to access to NHK World Premium. -For example we checked at Toober website, but nothing understand with very little information how it really works -same for Freeview UK, and Freebox and 2 other similar French services which written on your NHK website We do not understand at all complicated new devices and complexity of settings. JSTV receiving by satellite has very easy and gave us all flexibility. Unlike those live-streaming which force us to standby ON TIME and watching slow speed front of our pc screen, and sometimes freeze and skipped images and sounds. With JSTV, we can record and watch later on after work hours with faster mode and erase them once watched. In our busy lives all for everybody, in normal time we simply cannot afford losing big time, we have only 24 hours to perform many daily tasks we cannot passively just stay front of PC for hours being captive on live-streaming .... More than 40 years, NHK are strongly engaged and focused both in Europe and North America with "NHK国際放送" providing safety for Japanese Expats Community. And NHK World Premium which originally meant for fulfill the gaps for the rest of World many years, other than Europe and North America, by "Intelsat" the satellites beam signals much easier to capture by Aisa-Pacific, than from Europe which signal to us are very weak and need very very big antenna up to 2 meters, practically impossible for normal Japanese/European households any of us to receive by satellite. We all understand because those Intelsat are never meant serving for Europe. With North America remains unchanged and receiving strongest quality services and "TV Japan", only the Europe all of the sudden satellite signal ceased from the very same territory. Creating unequal (in)accessibility to "NHK国際放送" which meant for serving for every Oversea Japaneses, we are out of touch to 日本語放送, we very much rely on your safety news in state of emergencies. but since month biggest gap of isolation are created, precisely many Japanese people living in Europe are left out in isolation this never happened before since our law guarantees equal access to NHK国際放送. I will also write a letter to our Japanese Embassy for sensibilisation raise awareness to this very issue. (which always shows your 日本語放送 inside our Embassy´s waiting area.) We would love to know, Will you NHK World Premium, take one of satellite transponder sending signal focus on Europe, in coming year? We are looking forward to hearing from your mail response, Thank you for quality services for all Japanese Community.

astra19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
98cm motorised technomate. 50e to 34.5w
My Location
Europe
I hope you get a response. I don’t know why they didn’t just swap JSTV for NHK World Premium.