Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP+
motorised receiver
without diseqc
90cm dish
My Location
Derbyshire
I have Technomate 5500 CIP and have recently found that the satellite positions occasionally change by themselves. I can't always easily find and tune them in again via auto search (by scanning across the east-west bar).... that's because the signal quality indicator sometimes stays at 10 regardless of how far left and right I move the motor. With perseverance, often by pausing at random places along the E-W bar, I can find satellites and tune in them again. Another way I find them is while the dish is moving from one sat to another - I see an image from the sat channel I have just left and note the approx position (number) where I saw the image. Then I tune the sat to this new number. But, like I say, sometimes they again move by themselves.

At this time the one satellite I can't find is Astra 2 . The "skew" (whatever that means) position is displayed at zero degrees.

Following my latest re-tuning, the current hotbird position appears to be further to the left of the E-W bar than it was before. As Astra 2 was previously very close to the end of this tuning bar I wonder if the new hotbird position has pushed Astra2 off the end of the search bar! Maybe this is impossible, I don't know, but it's odd that I can't find Astra2 now. I had assumed that each satellite had a fixed position in my receiver but I seem able to tune them in at different positions.

For eg, I use the 'move motor' function and the display shows astra1 is tuned in at 4776. A week later I cannot receive astra1 at 4776, but I can tune it in at 4805. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do about it? When I tune a satellite I keep the 'link search' function in the off position as I believe this tunes satellites individually. My receiver is motorised, I do not have a diseq. switch - I think the set-up system is called Usals.

Any help appreciated as always.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
The Satellite don't move (that you would notice) - otherwise we'd get loads of complaints!

Maybe your dish is moving in the wind?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will often solve these problems by sending the dish to zero or reference point. :)

Failing that, a phone call to SES Astra, may persuade them to move the satellites to positions which match your motor. :) If Carlsberg ran satellite companies, they would do it. ;)

me123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP+
motorised receiver
without diseqc
90cm dish
My Location
Derbyshire
The seller, satellitesuperstore, say there is probably some play / wear in the motor or a fault with the reader switch.
They say I can't send dish to ref or zero because it's not a diseqc motor.
SES Astra were very helpful and said they would do all they could to bring astra2 back in line.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry me123, my mistake, must have DiseqC on the brain, had read your post and should have been able to tell from there that it was a 36v motor. :)

Which motor is it?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
me123 said:
SES Astra were very helpful and said they would do all they could to bring astra2 back in line.

And out-of-line for everyone else - :-rofl2

me123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP+
motorised receiver
without diseqc
90cm dish
My Location
Derbyshire
rolfw said:
Sorry me123, my mistake, must have DiseqC on the brain, had read your post and should have been able to tell from there that it was a 36v motor. :)

Which motor is it?

Triax as far as I recall (or Interstar but I think interstar was the name of the LNB!)Motor is 2 years old.