Just Sharing This Sathero satellite meter

John

John

Enthusiast.
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
This looks a very familiar shape .. Hmmmm.
Could be worth a look.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

M

moonbase

Small Dish Man
My Satellite Setup
2.0m Precision
My Location
UK
This looks a very familiar shape .. Hmmmm.
Could be worth a look.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

@John

Nice find, how does the listed spec and pics stack up against your Promax Ranger?

If it is reasonably close in spec to a genuine Promax Ranger it looks to be good value even considering it is a clone? There is buyer protection with AliExpress which they enforce.

John

John

Enthusiast.
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
@John

Nice find, how does the listed spec and pics stack up against your Promax Ranger?

If it is reasonably close in spec to a genuine Promax Ranger it looks to be good value even considering it is a clone? There is buyer protection with AliExpress which they enforce.

I'll try and find an on-line manual for it and have a closer look. It says it does blind scan. I'd like to see a bit more info re: the real-time refresh & resolution abilities on the spectrum display

RustySpoons

RustySpoons

Sleepy Hollow
My Satellite Setup
50E - 30W
2x CM 1.2m Polar Mount/Jack
65E- 65W
Gibertini 1m OP100 - STAB HH100 - Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 Twin
Mutant HD51
Edision Primo IP S2
Dreambox DM800HD
Venton Unibox HD2
Sony Bravia 55" 4K
My Location
South Wales
I've been looking at the SH-800HD and SH-900HD on Aliexpress recently, couldn't find out much info about them especially in English,
few things on YouTube but apart from going through menu options I didn't understand much about them or how well they perform.
Certainly look good for the price.

vma

vma

My Satellite Setup
RX: 3 motorized DiSEqC-1.2 dishes (100cm, 110cm, 120cm) + 7 regular dishes.
Main receiver: Vu+ Duo + many others & IRD
TX: Modulators for DVB-S/C/T + Dektec Modulators
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
These are just the typical chinese "satellite meters" in a shape that resembles the Promax Ranger line of products.

I can guarantee that perfomance/spects are totally different, in a worse relation than the price difference!

A Promax Ranger supports DVB-S/S2/C/T at least! Newer models support S2/C2/T2. They provide analogue, MPEG2/4 and newer models even .H265 support. They have constellation diagram, spectogram (optional), can split screen (i.e. Spectrum + Picture or Measurements + Picture) and offer many other advanced measurements. The screen is high resolution and the battery is much bigger. The Promax Ranger offers connection to a PC based software to make reports and keep logs. The Promax Ranger is far more robust and will work in 10 years (while the Chinese clone will be broken within 2 years - most of my Chinese meters are broken by now, without any use: the PCB corrodes, the IC's stop working properly, batteries are flat dead, etc.). This list could go on and on.

I mean, what can you expect from a 170 Euro field meter from China?

It is essentially a satellite receiver for DVB-S/S2 which happens to have blind scan and can sweep the spectrum with 1 sweep per second (my optimistic guess). Far from "real-time" for sure... I only found a video of the SH-600 and here the refresh rate is like 1 sweep in 2-3 seconds. They add a cheap screen and battery and put some buttons on it - often not enough buttons to properly operate the device: do a full channel search that stores thousands of channels and I wish you look to navigate between them with CH+ and CH- buttons...

No RBW settings, MAX hold, etc. on the spectrum, euther.

Don't get me wrong: the device looks great, resembles a Promax Ranger and probably is a nice aid for the casual DXer. But do not compare this to a Promax Ranger, despite its looks.

Regards,
Vitor