Satlink meters

boxkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e 26e 19e 16e 13e 7w 30w Dm 8000HD
My Location
Canarias
Hi everyone,

Im thinking of buying 2 meters 1 for dtt and 1 for satellite, iv come accross these 2 by satlink and i just like to know peoples thoughts on same. they have a meter which is a combo unit but dont have real time spectrum? your thoughts on this would be good as i cant find much reviews about these meters over the web. Also where can i find out information on satellite trade fairs accross the uk and even europe, cant seem to locate info on this. Thanks.

-http://so-mm.de/Satlink-WS-6905-DVB-T_c37-209_p807_x2.htm

-http://.so-mm.de/Satlink-WS-6912-DVB-S-HD-8PSK-Real-Spectrum_c37-209_p812_x2.htm

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
As per forum rules please dont post live (clickable) links on the forum.

Disable them by putting a hyphen in front of the http bit like this:

-http://www.bbc.co.uk

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
# second url is dead. The DVB-T meter looks a decent bit of kit but not sure of what measurements it provides.

boxkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e 26e 19e 16e 13e 7w 30w Dm 8000HD
My Location
Canarias
satelliteman said:
# second url is dead. The DVB-T meter looks a decent bit of kit but not sure of what measurements it provides.
Thanks for reploy, thats what i thought, but iv tried email to the company, but have not got a reply yet.. hxxp://www.satlinkmeters.com it says satlink germany but im trying to find out if they are the original supplier? or are they cheap imports from china and a new badge put on them as they look very similar to other meters ,. like trimax, and others, Dont get me wrong but at that price they look pretty good spec. even the 6912 HD. All i asked them was a few questions like do they have lnb short circuit protection, Constellation etc, would of thought they would have email me back, or can they speak english?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Freesat Plus HD
My Location
Spain
I have a new Satlink WS-6912 meter, it wil not locate any satellites becouse it is faulty and the company in Chine will not help or replace it. Would this be a software problem, can I get a download or does anyone know what I can do.

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
darrenhorsfield said:
I have a new Satlink WS-6912 meter, it wil not locate any satellites becouse it is faulty and the company in Chine will not help or replace it. Would this be a software problem, can I get a download or does anyone know what I can do.

Thats Satlink for you, they are not intrested in helping you with any software updates or spare parts for faulty meters, they are a bad company to deal with hence we no longer sell their meters or have anything to do with.

I have approx 10 WS-6908 meters here in bits that are more than likely going to be scrapped off as they will not provide me with spare parts, these meters are all well under 1 year old. A couple of them were faulty on arrival to us, that says alot for their final inspection QA checks doesnt it ? They cant be bothered with you the customer once they have your sale !

They use cheap $hitty components that last as long as an ice cream on a hot summers day.

Hence we have now done a distribution deal with First Strike Meters from the USA (same company that designed and sells the Trimax meters) and all I will say that these are a far better quality and made satellite meter for people on a budget, full support & software updates available via us & First Strike.

And I will also say that there are more meters in the pipeline from First Strike & they look very Very good, so watch this space !