Satlook Digital NIT - Charging Query

Roy R

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Use a rebroadcasted service at home, but install various sat systems. Satlook Digital NIT.
My Location
Costa Blanca, Spain
Hi, Newbie here. Just found your website. Looks excellent.

I have just got a new battery for my Satlook NIT meter and have a problem with charging it. I should add that the new battery is for a Satlook Combolook meter, but was advised by the supplier that although the battery is bigger, it will work. I have two chargers, both 1.7A and have tried both for days on end. O-zzz
Question:
When charging, the highest voltage the meter shows is 14.1V. When unplugged from the charger the meter shows that the battery is only about one third charged, more or less.

Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong?

I should add that I used the meter today for about 10 mins and the battery gauge hardly moved, so I don't think it's going to cause me a problem. Apart from this, the Satlook works great. ;)

Hope you can help.

Roy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think that 14.1v is the most that mine registers Roy, but does show as fully charged. May be worth trying the meter on a satellite with an analogue channel, select picture, leave it running until it exhausts the battery and see how long it lasts.

It may simply be that the meter is expecting a different battery and cannot interpret the charge level properly.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I normally use the car charger for the SatLook. It takes longer than the PSU for the box that came with the NIT, but I know it is unlikely to give any trouble as all it is taking is the charge from the van.

The NIT does have a charging percentage figure on screen (in standby) which allows me to tell how many minutes I might get up the ladder once I start work.

Roy R

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Use a rebroadcasted service at home, but install various sat systems. Satlook Digital NIT.
My Location
Costa Blanca, Spain
Many thanks. Appreciate the help.

Roy