satlook micro

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi, the 13v and 18v settings apply to vertical and horizontal respectively. :)

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
rolfw said:
Hi, the 13v and 18v settings apply to vertical and horizontal respectively. :)

:eek: I have to reset my transponders in the metre again...thank you Rolfw

Best regards
Birdseeker

digdog

Reaction score
My Location
Doghouse
Hi Chaps

I am now the proud (if somewhat bemused at the mo...) owner of a Satlook Micro+ and much appreciate the info in this thread. However after some hours rummaging I can find no reference on the OZ website to the CD mentioned in deynos earlier post.

Is there a catalogue number for this CD please and if anyone comes across a copy can I please have one - I will make good any out of pocket exes - thanks!

:-shhBirdseeker
Just charged my Micro+ for first time - took the full 10 hours but window display showed it dropped down to trickle charge (from rapid) for the last few hours - and when it got to the 10 hours charging stopped automatically. I dont think I will try and recharge again until it goes pretty flat.

:-shhrolfw
Had a rummage on Emitor site - cant find anything that is obviously editing software - got the Firmware uploader and Micromem.exe - havent tried connecting Micro+ to pc yet so I could well find the editor when I do, perhaps? Any ideas please - thanks!
:) :)

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
digdog said:
Hi Chaps

I am now the proud (if somewhat bemused at the mo...) owner of a Satlook Micro+ and much appreciate the info in this thread. However after some hours rummaging I can find no reference on the OZ website to the CD mentioned in deynos earlier post.

Is there a catalogue number for this CD please and if anyone comes across a copy can I please have one - I will make good any out of pocket exes - thanks!

:-shhBirdseeker
Just charged my Micro+ for first time - took the full 10 hours but window display showed it dropped down to trickle charge (from rapid) for the last few hours - and when it got to the 10 hours charging stopped automatically. I dont think I will try and recharge again until it goes pretty flat.

Hi Digdog

I am having the same problem too, I think it is normal. The CD you mention although it mentioned on the OZ web before, but I am still waiting for the disc....2 months now......'O'-red

digdog

Reaction score
My Location
Doghouse
Wow - that is a wait!

Wonder if it is still available - I had a fairly good rummage around the site and all I came up with was the Satlook Micro+ was out of stock! No mention of cd.

Up to now I havent found any other sites/sources that might help us I'm afraid...

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
digdog said:
Wow - that is a wait!

Wonder if it is still available - I had a fairly good rummage around the site and all I came up with was the Satlook Micro+ was out of stock! No mention of cd.

Up to now I havent found any other sites/sources that might help us I'm afraid...

I had checked the site last night, the CD they had mentioned was not there anymore. I was wondering they would send me the CD.....:cool:

Best regards
Birdseeker

Kazasr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DSTV south Africa

Satelite recievers and free to air recievers
My Location
South Africa
How do you setup the angle of the LNB with the SAtlook Micro+

I can't seem to get this right

With the DSTV setup in south Africa most LNB's will be set to the 4 o clock position.

How do you use the meter to see if it is spot on?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You pick a transponder and using the quality readings like BER and whatever readings it has, tweak until you get the best readings.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
As the G2 meter has a spectrum display, open out the span and adjust the LNb for 'opposite polarity null' effect. In simple terms rotate until the unwanted polar disappears. This is the correct way to adjust for LNb skew. As mentioned above, making a note of the readings also ie, BER, MER and constellation diagram.

Kazasr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DSTV south Africa

My Location
South Africa
satelliteman said:
As the G2 meter has a spectrum display, open out the span and adjust the LNb for 'opposite polarity null' effect. In simple terms rotate until the unwanted polar disappears. This is the correct way to adjust for LNb skew. As mentioned above, making a note of the readings also ie, BER, MER and constellation diagram.

Don't have the G2

So you saying I must rotate the LNB until I recieve max signal strength?

Why does my meter keep loging on and off when I find a transponder?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Ok, without the spectrum trace (available on G2 models), adjust for maximum signal.

Kazasr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DSTV south Africa

My Location
South Africa
satelliteman said:
Ok, without the spectrum trace (available on G2 models), adjust for maximum signal.

Thanx guys.

Still has the prob with the signal not staying logged on?

Any hints?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
What do you mean by "keep loging on and off when I find a transponder" ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I think the OP means locked, if the meter isn't locking on one transponder, try another, also check the approximate LNB skew, as if the skew is way out, you won't get a lock.