Scandinavian Viasat & PL coverage

trev1978

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.25m motorised dish, 1.85m prime focus fixed, spiderbox 7000, technomate 5400USB super
My Location
Ballymena, Northern Ireland
Hi all,

I have an official sub to Scandinavian Viasat. On Saturday when I sat down to watch thefooty I was able to get a match on the PLTV channel ok but there was no matcheson the Xtra PL channels. All I got wasthe premier league lion and messages in Danish and Swedish. I spoke to my Danish contact and he saidthat thanks to an EU ruling last week Viasat are now only allowed to show onematch at any one time- meaning that the Xtra channels are now redundant!!

Has anyone else heard this?

Thanks,

Trev

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I think there is something about this in the "Football & The Law" section.

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
trev1978 said:
Hi all,

I have an official sub to Scandinavian Viasat. On Saturday when I sat down to watch thefooty I was able to get a match on the PLTV channel ok but there was no matcheson the Xtra PL channels. All I got wasthe premier league lion and messages in Danish and Swedish. I spoke to my Danish contact and he saidthat thanks to an EU ruling last week Viasat are now only allowed to show onematch at any one time- meaning that the Xtra channels are now redundant!!

Has anyone else heard this?

Thanks,

Trev

The extra games are no longer available via satellite - blame FAPL. One game is all you will get from now on.

dave1979

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m dish,and 1.1m dish,samsung hd receivers(viasat).3sky box's and sky dish's,1 sky italia.
My Location
midlands
Analoguesat said:
The extra games are no longer available via satellite - blame FAPL. One game is all you will get from now on.

PL extra channels are only NOT available for sat 3pm games....if there is more than one game been shown midweek the extra PL channels DO work!!!but they are no longer in english!!
viasat denmark showed all games on wed night via PL extra channels as well as the one kick off on it normal channel(TV2)after contacting my sat man he has said if has now come to light that the PL channels will only NOT work for sat 3pm games,midweek all channels should work as normal!!only prob been there are only a hand full of midweek games left with 90%still been on a sat!!atleast its some thing tho:)