sprog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 808 CI Via
Jokercam-Retired!,T-REX,
Rusty Old 80cm mesh dish on fence pole!
My Location
South Wales
On my 'set up' Sat and Digi box can be left switched on. I select AV1 on TV and VCR comes through. Depending on channel selection on VCR will determine what is fed through on AV1 on TV. If 'play' is selected,then tape content comes through on AV1. It can get confusing when you have VCR set to AV1 or AV2 when both are switched on!

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
Internet TV... Sweden's Telia Broadband service.
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
Problem fixed!
Decoder1..2 scarts
Decoder2..2 scarts
Video..2 scarts

(using scarts)
Decoder1 AV2-Scart switch-Video AV2
Decoder2 AV2-Scart switch-Video AV2

Than I route a scart from each decoder and video to the TV.

By using a switch...you can watch decoder1, whilst recording from decoder2 at the same time. All you have to do is use the switch to select which decoder you wish to record from.
If you didnt have a switch but had a scart block...If both decoders are switched on, the signals from both decoders will be crossed, and the video is not able to record from one decoder. To be able to record this way, one decoder always have to be switched off.

This stuff is mindblowing without looking at diagrams, so I hope I have explained simply. Otherwise if you wish I can draw up the diagram.