Scolari

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
If you dissect last night's game there was more simulation from the Portuguese team than I've seen in a long time. Ronaldo (3 times) and Postiga to name a couple, each time being supported by their manager from the sidelines. A man courted by the FA recently. I'm not questioning Scolari's ability or his passion but simulation will never be removed while this sort of situation exists. After the game he spent ages shouting and pointing at the referee. I suppose the referee was lucky in many respects as in two previous championships, referees have been attacked by Portuguese players and 3 were banned for 18 months and later one for 3 months.

The above is taken from a thread I started in 2006. Now that the guy who doesn't want to be known as 'Big Phil' is at Chelsea can we expect more of the same?:confused;)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Oh dear, I never thought of that. I suppose if Drogba is leaving then that would counter Big P arrival

Well, I for one can't wait for the season to start, yesterdays game between Manchester and Portsmouth was nice, but I got to have more to feed the habit

kreacher

Waiting for HD
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky - Humax STB
My Location
India
I don't think there are any managers in the current game that actively try to stamp out diving from their team. They will take whatever favorable decisions they get.
^ I'm still wondering if Drogba will leave or it will be just another off-season with Drogba making noises about leaving with no clubs actually interested in him.

linhas

Allez PORTO Allez!!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
EU
Hi,

I`m Portuguese but never liked Scolari. He doesn`t know nothing about tactics. I think that he`s the most lucky manager in the world.
In Portugal he had all the press with him and when he didn`t made things right they were always with him. I think that he will not have that gift again in England.
He never said "I`m sorry" to the Portuguese people about this: _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hezzTGkloJY It was very, very bad but again, he had all the press with him, and now after Euro the press said that he was wrong in some games and situations. NOW???
Maybe he can do some things at Chelsea but i`ve some doubts.