Screen Flicker with Grundig gufsat01sd

rtrevlac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
grundig gufsat01sd
My Location
w yorks
Replaced my broken Sky box with a grundig GUFSAT01SD box. set up worked first time and I have excellent reception. However I get a screen filcker or judder every 4-5 mins, changed box to no avail, have moved mains cable away from others.
Any suggestions
bob

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum rtrevlac,

Well as the freesat channels are not encrypted I cannot understand what the problem is, but if there is no obvious interference from a broadband router or similar equipment nearby then I can only assume there is a fault with the stb. What you are experiencing does however seem to be some sort of an encryption problem but you are not using a card in conjuction with it or are you?

csbinst

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat HD
My Location
West Yorkshire
what tv is it your using with the freesat box?, as i have a customer with the same problem

goffy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I had a similar problem with mine. The problem only happened on BBC channells for some reason. the problem sorted itself out after a few weeks. I had the same thing with a Goodmans box which is identical except for the price. All these alba boxes seem prone to allsorts of glitches, my grundig occasionaly shows the "software download failed" screen when first switched on which is annoying but not a problem.