Searching a sensitive tuner

Agorima

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish pointed to Astra 19,2° east - Ferguson FK 8500 HD
My Location
San Cipirello, Sicily
Hello everybody,

i used an old receiver to watch the FTA German channels.
Today I have aligned my new 80 cm dish to get the Badr 6 BSS beam but I couldn't get AD Sports 2 (and the horizontal transponders) from my location.
Since according to the footprint 80 cm should be enough to get all the channels (from my location), I have realized how my tuner was too much insensitive.
Now my question is: there are some sensitive tuners not too expensive (I mean, not over 100 euros)?

Thanks.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
It might not be the receiver - it could be a "deaf" lnb, water in the cabling, damaged or kinked cabling, a poorly aligned dish etc

Theres also the fact that at the edge of the coverage area odd things start happening with the coverage. You are right on the edge of the Badr 6 coverage area - you might be in a poor signal strength area - if so you might need a bigger dish.

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
Agorima said:
i used an old receiver to watch the FTA German channels.
Today I have aligned my new 80 cm dish to get the Badr 6 BSS beam but I couldn't get AD Sports 2 (and the horizontal transponders) from my location.
Since according to the footprint 80 cm should be enough to get all the channels (from my location), I have realized how my tuner was too much insensitive.
Now my question is: there are some sensitive tuners not too expensive (I mean, not over 100 euros)?
There might be a question of interference from adjacent satellites. According to Lyngsat AD Sports is on 11804H. There is a Sky transponder at 28.2E on 11798H. Larger dishes are more directional.

Agorima

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish pointed to Astra 19,2° east - Ferguson FK 8500 HD
My Location
San Cipirello, Sicily
2 hours ago I've done again a research of the channels.
And then, the channel wanted appeared into the list! :-thumb1
Now I'll enjoy the Formula One live and FTA :)