sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
Can anyone tell me which is better to go for. I know that a season
interface needs a PC to be On to get codes or decrypt messages from the satellite and a Funcard can work with different encryption techniques but needs the codes to be programmed.

Which one should I go for. I have an IRDETO Freecam2 and a DS9Fx file worked in a Silvercard and I could get one of the CNN channels and also ABSat. ABSat sometimes gives error "NVRAM/FILTER error". I need to set the ECM to Viaccess or Via/SECA.

I would also like to know if the DS9 hex can be used for IRDETO II channels.

Thanks to all who help us in this group.
Regards,

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The question of whether to go for a Season or a Funcard would be for me easy - my family would go nuts if they had to connect up a PC and fire up some obscure software package every time before watching a bit of telly...

In an Irdeto CAM, the multiple encryption card files need to be edited first to set a flag for which pair of systems are to be watched. Changing the ECM parameter in the goodies me nu of the CAM menu on the receiver will not help.

The DS9 files do not give access to IrdetoII. Nothing in the public domain does (yet).

2old

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
Hello,

I built a season inteface using the diagram sent to me by a friend. I connected it my PC and used the WallBanger. How do I go about using the card emulator. I have an IRDETO Freecam2. What should the settings be to dcrypt IRDETO, Viacess & Seca. Where do I get the keys if required for it.

Regards,
Jude

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 23-Apr-02 AT 08:16 PM (GMT) by rolfw (admin)]Its been a long time since I came back to the board.

Could someone help me using WallBanger.

I have a Freecam2.018 which is working fine with DS9 file with a Silver card.

I can get some Seca and Via channels to clear. When the codes change I update the file and reprogram the card.

The problem is that I have to wait for a while before the codes are published. Please could anyone help me of how to setup the Wallbanger software to work.

I connect the season interface card into the CAM and to the PC. In Irdeto mode and selecting Seca I click on connect. I can see messages like "waiting for reset..." getting n sending country code. There are other messages like "Requesting Card file 1.." "Reply card file 1.." and ends with "Reply Cam CryptKey Ok" and then "Gone fishing"

I cannot get the PMK or master keys. Is my configuration right or am I doing something wrong.

I have entered the working keys for Seca in the Provider session in IRDETO. Hope I am clear in what I am trying to explain.

I have attached the LOG file.

Could someone throw some light on how Wallbanger works and how do I get the new working keys or master keys.

regards,
Jude
:(

Sorry you'll have to mail the file to anyone who requires it. Rolf