freebird

My Location
Loughborough Leicestershire
Has anyone used a company called futuredigital part of
Electronics Direct.
I sent and paid for a Seca 2 card in November,to be shipped
on Nov 20th to date I have received nothing for my £200,
and they do not answer my emails.
It makes you kinda not belive in Santa,beware everyone.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Although I cannot speak from personal experience Freebird, they have gained themselves a bit of a reputation amongst the satellite fraternity, I have yet to hear of anyone who has received their card.

I would not in any event recommend that anyone buy these type of pirate cards, in most cases the guys are making money out of other people's effort and in a lot of cases it is a scam anyway.

Hope your card comes through though, I found it a bit suspicious that they stopped accepting credit card payment, they say because of fraud, I would ask, fraud by whom. ?

M

munkey

I luuurve Bananas
My Location
Whipsnade
Sorry to hear your story mate. :( I advise you watch this section of the forum. If it doesn't say Seca 2 can be hacked here by people who post all the time, then it probably can't - and even then anyone who advertises as if they are a legitimate company are usually conmen.

If it's any consulation, I had a friend who fell into the same trap - and he's been playing with "hobby" cards for a while.

F

freebird

My Location
Thanks to Munkey and Rolfw for your concern about the
bogus Seca 2 card,anyway I have just found some working
codes for my Aston 1.3.
So I can watch the dutch channels again,if I ever get the card
from futuredigital i will let you know.

T

tommyturnip

My Location
Swedeville
I was ripped off for a $ky analogue card about 12 years ago or so, it hurts dont it?

After that lesson I started reading the forums, went out and bought a Phillips D2 Mac box and swore that I'd never buy a card from anyone ever again.

Moral? As munkey said, if it ain't anounced on here then it's probably a scam and it's cheaper and more satisfying to do it yourself.

B

billbo

My Location
Dublin
still no conax card after 40 weeks f**king scumbags web site is now gone :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

jimbo

jimbo

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
How did you guys pay for the cards from those rogues (I won't honour them with a name)?

T

tommyturnip

My Location
Swedeville
Good point Jimbo, regardless of the legal aspects of this purchase, if bought with a credit card the credit company is legally bound to give you a refund.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately TommyT, they stopped taking credit cards and I would suggest that it was for that very reason.

T

tommyturnip

My Location
Swedeville
There are so many scumbags around that you should be very cautious about any purchases of this type.

Like I said earlier don't trust anyone unless you have a recommendation from a friend but even then it's still better to do it yourself - I'm never as smug as when I see that picture clear yet again.

Anything that you do buy in the course of DIY is always useful, my recently dusted off season is about 10 years old.

D

davorau

My Location
Australia/Europe
Never had problems like that cos i buying cards only on black market lol :D

S

Stardust

My Location
pj::
Maybe exchange is possible?
I lost my contact adress in the UK, so I need a new Viewing card for BBC.
In exchange I can get a seca 2 card for the Dutch channels.
Anyone Interested?

F

freebird

My Location
Hi Stardust;
I would like help you get a new BBC card but there are lots
of problems.
You only get 1 per house and to activate it you will need to
phone from the UK as far as I know.
It also has to match your receiver,if you can get around this
let me now and I will help if possible.
Would the Canal Digataal card be activated before you sent
it.
If so I would pay for the card even if I could not get the BBC
card.
I have a contact address in Rotterdam but the Dutch satellite
shops will not supply a Seca 2 card to me,even though they
are selling Sky Digital receivers and the Sky cards illegally.

freebird (phil)

S

Stardust

My Location
pj::
If the BBC goes FTA I don't need a card at all.
I also can't get an unlimmited number of seca 2 cards, I just want to wait how things develop.
If I know more I send you a pm