Secca 2 (the return)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Jury is out on that one at the moment Adiohead.

Rolf

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Hi lads I had a (sucker) customer lined up for 1 of my pace ondidge boxes today £130 already had it spent (DTV card) and the silly bast*rd
got hit on the head by a big Gate.I took him to Hospital.That wind was blown by ITV DIDGE to haunt me,I can see in the next few months
Having 3 on didge boxs sat in me garage with 2 D2Mac decoders (thet will proberly be alright for standing on to reach those high points when PAINTING. DAVE.

S

Satman

Piracy - ITV Digital to be made "foolproof"

Speaking on BBC's Newsnight, ITV Digital's Stuart Peebles said the heavily hacked digital terrestrial pay-TV provider would be altered to be made "foolproof" by the end of the year. Stuart Peebles was speaking openly about ITV Digital's piracy problems, after Canal Plus, part of the Vivendi media empire, alleged that NDS, part of the Murdoch empire, spent massive sums trying to crack the code on its rivals smart cards, and then made its findings widely available via the internet. ITV Digital execs were appalled recently by comments made by Sky's chief executive, Tony Ball, during an address to the company's US investors. "ITV Digital/DTT is completely pirated, a joke. For $7 you can buy a card for all channels," he is reported to have said. It remains to be seen what "foolproof" measures ITV Digital will take, although it now seems highly unlikely they'll choose encryption software developed by NDS.

B

bond

Come on ITV wakey wakey, if you succeed in getting rid of all self programmed cards etc. People like me who are happy paying the min subscription will just cancel and switch to Sky. As the package is far more comprahensive than the full package that ITV Dig can offer. So come on do your sums, millions to convert and millions in lost revenue. I agree in getting rid of traders selling cards to unsuspecting Jo soap on a Sunday, and I guess with the recent barrage of ECM's you will have made a major in road.

The huge downside is having to line that power freak Murdochs Pocket!!

L

Lesdude

tooooo right bond, my sentiments exactly, surely its better to get some revenue than none at all, especially for a company curently losing money

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Oh come on you two, you don't really subscribe to the "we're doing them a favour" argument do you? :)

Rolf

B

bond

No I only do favours for good mates and Mr ITV boss aint my mate. It is just a simple case of value for money, and at full subscription one thing ITV Digital aint is good value. But hey lets enjoy it while it lasts. Im sure some clever sod is beavering away to fix the new system. Or maybe Murdoch will get a bit of the Hobbiest treatment?