Second LNB question

Giff2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 M Dish, 4 Users
My Location
gran canaria
We are in a fringe area of Gran Canarias with a large dish and a universal LNB with 4 out connections to us and 3 others.
The cables to the others are about 25 M long and they have no reception problems but ours is the longest at about 40M and we often get break up in the evenings and early mornings.
I am considering asking that a second LNB is fitted and our connection is change to the new LNB.
Would this effect others reception and would it improve our signal ?

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
If you place a second LNB right next to existing one you will not be able to watch your favorite TV channels at all. So, best solution for you could try to align antenna and existing LNB more precisely. You also can try to change your 40M cable to more expensive (better quality). Another option is changing of LNB output- just try to connect to another LNB output, speak to your neighbor if he agrees. Last option could be changing of receiver to another one.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I wouldn't normally suggest one but maybe an inline amplifier might help you. They're cheap enough not to worry about it if you have to take it out afterwards.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Wait and see what happens with the new Astra 2F in the next couple of weeks - if your most important channels are the BBC & ITV you may all lose them anyway.

Quite what will happen with the Sky encrypted channels is anyones guess.