Seeking for Help about Bravia + 5.1 DTS Digital Surround Sound

corei5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
my main desktop is for gaming main theater is downstairs in the living room
My Location
room and living room
just wanted to ask here how can I make things work between the two systems on my title like make the 5.1 work whilst just watching tele rather than DVD.

Sony Bravia: KDL-40S2530
5.1 Surround Sound System: SONY DAVDZ330

Please Help me.

Nelbert

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro Penta 85
Cuberevo DVB-S2/T
TM-6800HD
TM-2600 Motor
My Location
Tyne and Wear
If you TV supports BraviaSync, then connecting the TV and Surround system via HDMI and enabling BraviaSync on both the TV and Sound System should work.

If BraviaSync isn't supported then it's stereo out from the TV to the Stereo input on the sound system. Whether the sound system will then support Pro Logic 1/2 on the audio to make it 5.1 is another matter.

Unfortunately the low end all-in-one DVD/Surround systems are designed just for that. Black box plug-in and go consumer unit. They rarely have decent support for other inputs. The same with TVs. At best older TVs will give stereo/pro logic out via a stereo pair. It's generally only the higher models in a range or the latest units that support digital 5.1 pass-through.

corei5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
my main desktop is for gaming main theater is downstairs in the living room
My Location
room and living room
Hi, thanks for replying back I made the four speakers + sub-woofer worked but the center speaker is not working with normal tv programs but on dvd/cd all the systems are working. I dont know how to know whether the TV supported BraviaSync. My Tv is also connected to my skyHD.

SkyHD box is using HMDI that is connected to the tv and the old cable scraft (watever you call it) is connected to the skyHD and the main system of my surround sound which is working except the center speaker.