selfsat H21D Any good to replace my 80cm motorised dish due to lack of suitability.

loopylee74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate
TM-1600 2CI
80cm dish
My Location
United Kingdom
I recently moved home and where I now live is not suitable for my motorised system.

I have seen the selfsat H21D dish advertised has anyone had any experience with this type of dish and does anyone know if it would work with my TM-1600 2CI and would the signal be any good from my location which is Birmingham UK.

Thank you
Lee

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Hi Lee.

No problem using your TM receiver or any other standard receiver for that matter. The connectivity to the selfsat is the same as a standard conventional dish. The H21D is reported as being ok for a fixed setup for either 28°e, 19°e and 13°e but with a slightly reduced BER compared to that with a 60cm dish. Take a look at the attached report published in what satellite edition.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
You didn't mention whether or not you can have a motorised system at your new home, but you can obtain a HH motor for the Selfsat.

Pete

loopylee74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate
TM-1600 2CI
80cm dish
My Location
United Kingdom
Thank you both for your help it is much appreciated. Oh and yes Pete I do have a motorised system.

Regards,
Lee