Advice Needed Series 1.xx or Series 2.xx Firmware For F15

moonbase

Small Dish Man
My Satellite Setup
.
My Location
UK
Hi,

The series 1.xx and series 2.xx firmware for the F15 present very different menus with series 2.xx being like the menus found on the D15.

Apart from the major graphical change to the menu structures are their any functionality changes that make series 2.xx firmware more popular? I have read that firmware patch 1.25p is the patch that seems to get the most positive feedback from DX'ers, ie, a series 1.xx firmware patch.

Would anyone please be able to explain why firmware patch 1.25p seems so popular, have later patches in the 1.xx series and the 2.xx series removed or changed some operational functionality in a negative manner?

Visually, I prefer the series 2.xx firmware but that is probably because it is familiar to the firmware on my D15. However, if the 1.25p firmware is the "daddy" of the F15 patches than I can get to live with it.


Thx
 
The signal quality meter is broken on firmwares above 1.25 when the signal is below lock. With 1.25 and below, the receiver will show true signal quality even if it's below lock, so it's very useful to see how much signal you're getting. With 1.27+ firmware, the signal quality will be stuck between 2.0dB and 2.9dB no matter how close to lock you are. Some transponders need 9dB+ to lock... so showing the signal is 2dB (1.27+), when it's actually 8.5dB (1.25 and below) isn't very helpful.

I believe version 1.22 has an option of using the HD GUI if that's what you like, so you can try it...
 
The signal quality meter is broken on firmwares above 1.25 when the signal is below lock. With 1.25 and below, the receiver will show true signal quality even if it's below lock, so it's very useful to see how much signal you're getting. With 1.27+ firmware, the signal quality will be stuck between 2.0dB and 2.9dB no matter how close to lock you are. Some transponders need 9dB+ to lock... so showing the signal is 2dB (1.27+), when it's actually 8.5dB (1.25 and below) isn't very helpful.

I believe version 1.22 has an option of using the HD GUI if that's what you like, so you can try it...


Captain Jack,

Thank you for the reply with the detailed explanation, here is a link I found to patch 1.22p if anyone else needs it.

http://drhd.legion.name/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=972

Best Regards
 
Last edited:
Im still using 1,21pV4. For me the best DX FW. It has nice spectrum analyser. I dont like the green-yellow weirdo.;)
drhdsp.webp
 
Im still using 1,21pV4. For me the best DX FW. It has nice spectrum analyser. I dont like the green-yellow weirdo.;)
View attachment 66015
Agree........and as you say.... 'the green-yellow weirdo'........be ok if I was in a discoteque !! :mad:
 
Hi,

I patched the F15 with 1.21pV4 and also tried 1.22p and tested the blind scan against my D15.
I found the F15 was not giving pictures on some channels that the D15 does give a picture?

Currently, there is a World Cup feed on 12.5W at 12,674H named "Service 01", using my D15 I capture the signal and it gives a picture. Using the F15 it captures the signal at 11.6db and gives a message "No Audio/Video" yet the D15 is giving a picture at the same time.

I have checked the VPID, APID and PPID in both receivers and they are the same.

Any ideas as to why the F15 is not giving a picture on a FTA channel when the D15 is?
Is this a known bug?


Thx
 
Since a few days, I also have a new F15. :)
Thank you mar-val for suggesting 121pV4. Me too, can't stand the bar-type spectrum.

A quick comparing with my old F16 shows it's... different!
F15 couldn't lock Astra 5B 11817V, while F16 could.
F15 locks Badr-6 11747V without flaws, while F16 has short freezes every now and then.

I'll probably end up using both. Also, my F16's are becoming older...
Luckily, the settings (ndf) seem fully compatible, after removing the DVB-T channels.
The F15 takes an unmodified F16 ndf, but freezes when accidentally selecting DVB-T channel!
 
I've only tested 125 file, think I'll give the 121pV4 a test drive. The tuner on the f15 is extremely more sensitive then on the d15, actually I find the d15 tuner sensitivity comparable to skybox receivers.
 
Back
Top