• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Server Problems

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure what was causing the problem, but there has been limited access over the last 3 days.

Seems to have been solved now.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools just so you don't have to
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South East
I am still having problems, even this morning I could not access the site for an hour or so for my daily fix.

Additionally it seems a lot of the time - especially from the laptop - even though I disable the cookie protection, log on, disconnect any firewall protection, cancel the Antivirus software, I still have trouble writing to forums. This does not happen I believe with the office PC running through its own server system

Sometimes the message is 'empty' and sometimes the header is 'too long' (over 40 characters) even though I have not added anything to the original message details.

Any help would be appreciated

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
The header problem is due to the "RE:" being added onto replies and can be solved by removing it. The other problems are I think to do with the server, but hopefully they are being sorted out, I couldn't get on this morning at 06:00

Rolf

BarMoo

Post Meister
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Dear All,

Had the same - simply getting here.

A blessing in disguise perhaps ;-)

Have Fun,

Mark.